• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease addendum

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JayDag

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina
How much power does an addendum have? I am closing on a house and my apartment management is saying I have to give a 60 day notice. The addendum in my lease agreement has a garage/carport addendum. My apartment has an attached garage and the rent for this type of apartment is higher than the same floor plan without a garage. You cannot just rent a garage/carport. I was told this was a generic lease as the other properties owned by the company have garages you can lease separate from an apartment. The garage/carport addendum in my lease states I must give 30 days notice and contradicts the 60 day notice in the lease. Since the garage and apartment are one and the same does the addendum overpower the original lease? Someone PLEASE help me!!!

Last edited:

JayDag

The current lease is a 3 month term starting May 1st 2009 and terminating July 31st 2009. I have renewed 3 times for 1 year each.

JayDag

After arguing with the apartment management and talking to 2 lawyers, the management rolled over and gave in. The lawyers assured me a 99.9% chance of a win in my favor in court. After threatening them with a lawsuit they basically gave up and let me sign the 30 day notice papers with no early termination penalties.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">