• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease At Issue With Disabled Person:

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Here are the specifics:

Apartment unit pre-leased (waiting list) for June 2013 by 100% disabled person in January 2013. Note: (Disabled person ties their own shoes, shops, drives, moves furniture, is a wine bottle cork engineer on top of 40mgs of Valuim and 30mg of Morhine and a Fentanyl transdermal patch) and appears to have fun working Medicare and Medicaide. Yes though, a serious injury not take make any fun over but clearly can navigate life with some help here and there as long as the meds are there.

In comes Sir Lancelot, (me) falls (no pun intended) head over heels for the gal, then signs on the lease shortly after she did in June the same year for the happily ever afters.

The arrangements were for let's say $600.00 a month all inclusive of the good stuff however, in order to "fool" income providers, she writes me a check only for 1/2 the rent, deposits in my account, I pay the lease, and she leaves the electric and cable for me to pay then supposed to pay me cash. BTW, kept a large stash of cash on hand but never helped with any of the latter and only sometimes, chipped in on food. Totally misrepresented the lease to me (I know, shoulda / coulda had something in writing).

Living with the above proves to be more than a mere mortal (financially challenged) can do, only to hear that she is going for a 24/7 nurse at the unit (2 br unit completely not needed and preposterous really) we break up, I'm still there for the time being, all of her belongings are there but I think she's using the hospital / disabled trump card right now. So, question is....drum roll please....1. Can she be released from a lease because of her 100% disabled status? or 2, for medical reasons? and 3, Do I have any re-course?

I know this situation puts in a very vulnerable position with a potential "He made me fall down" issue but had the forethought for both a police and DCF statement prior to sending her the nasty gram that I want out or I call your public servants from whom you've been hiding the end of the rainbow pot-a-gold. While I really don't like the "or else" stuff, she's got plenty of cash and able to afford the next 4 months easily and with a butler 24/7 Nurse? Seems fair to me... take me off the lease and I walk....

Thanks for any "helpful and sound" feedback!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">