• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leased truck & divorce--anyone know....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bobanan

I'm living here in Arizona & I'm wondering if I divorce my husband, is there any way I won't get stuck with the leased truck. Here's the situation, the truck is leased in only my name (becuz at the time, his credit wasn't so hot, better now), but I've got a paid-off car & I don't want the truck. Both vehicles are in my name, and I just know that unless there's some legal way to put the truck in his name, he'll stick me for all the payment. And if I don't pay them, then my credit will be ruined, which is not an option. This truck is his only means of transportation.
Anyways, if I'm stuck paying the truck payments, I don't think I'll be able to swing things financially with my 2 daughters. I'm afraid to even embark on this divorce unless I know what will happen with this truck. Anyone know? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">