• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving child with someone other than gaurdian.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

Briefly:
Parent's divorced for 5 years. One child, age 11, stays primarily with father but custody is basically 50-50 (father has child during school year, mom gets weekends and all summer).

Father is in the military and must leave the state for approx 6 weeks during the child's school year. Mother has big concerns about her 11 year old being left with the father's 23 year old girlfriend.

What options does mom have to either keep the child in her custody during the 6 weeks the father is gone, or to have her say in who the child stays with while he is away?

Since this is during the school year it causes a problem if the child is moved.

Any help on how mom can hadle it? Need more info?

Mr. Man

I read somewhere, maybe here, that recent law has ruled in favor of the children continuing with the regular schedule during military deployment. Now that I think of it, was probably Judge Judy.

However, I'm sure the court order specifies "Dad" custody/visitation. And guidelines for pick up and late visits? Unless to new gal and "Dad" go to court and get it in writting, the gal-pal has no visitation/custody rights to your child.

If Mom can't get children to regular school, however, I strongly suggest going with the flow until daddy returns. It is in the child's best interest!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">