• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving husband with my daughter...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stubby71

I would have a journal/ diary detailing exactly WHO is doing what for the child for several months to show WHO is the primary caregiver of the child. THAT is what sunk my X. He wasn't working; I was. I took the child to school and picked her up from daycare. EVERY DAY. I was there with the children, day and day out while he was off doing his thing. Sounds familiar.
Thanks for the advice and info. :) I am lucky enough to have his mother (MIL) on my side. It is also comforting to know that the after-school program will provide the sign-out sheet (where the parent, grandparent, aunt, etc.) signs for the child when they are picked up (and the names on there will be mine and on rare occasion, my MIL). If a letter is needed, that can also be provided. To bad surveillance video is not allowed, for they could also produce that as evidence.

Again, thank you!

LdiJ

Thanks for the advice and info. :) I am lucky enough to have his mother (MIL) on my side. It is also comforting to know that the after-school program will provide the sign-out sheet (where the parent, grandparent, aunt, etc.) signs for the child when they are picked up (and the names on there will be mine and on rare occasion, my MIL). If a letter is needed, that can also be provided. To bad surveillance video is not allowed, for they could also produce that as evidence.

Again, thank you!
I really don't think that you have much to worry about about him being able to prove that he was the primary caregiver. Particularly if you move out and take the child with you. It sounds to me like you would have plenty of evidence to prove that he has NOT been a caregiver at all, let alone the primary one.

If you really are going to divorce him, stop sinking your hard earned money into HIS house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">