• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving state with children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RRevak

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Hi guys I need a quick answer from the all wonderful FA members and I need it on the quick side. My sister and her husband are filing for divorce although no paperwork has been submitted (they're attempting a do-it-yourself packet which has yet to be filled out). Her husband informed her this morning that he plans to leave the state tomorrow for a period of a week and a half taking their 3 children with him. The children are ages 4,3, and almost 2. She has reason to believe that due to his parents new involvement and their attempts for him to gain full custody that they may persuade him to not return with them. She would like to know if he is legally allowed at this juncture to leave with them without her permission and if not, what she may do to halt the childrens leaving with him. They currently reside together.

Thanks so much in advance

Last edited:

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Hi guys I need a quick answer from the all wonderful FA members and I need it on the quick side. My sister and her husband are filing for divorce although no paperwork has been submitted (they're attempting a do-it-yourself packet which has yet to be filled out). Her husband informed her this morning that he plans to leave the state tomorrow for a period of a week and a half taking their 3 children with him. The children are ages 4,3, and almost 2. She has reason to believe that due to his parents new involvement and their attempts for him to gain full custody that they may persuade him to not return with them and she would like to know if he is legally allowed at this juncture to leave with them without her permission and if not, what she may do to halt the childrens leaving with him. They currently reside together.

Thanks so much in advance

she needs to go to court TODAY, and request an order restricting either parent from moving the children out of state for any other purpose outside of a short vacation time. he says a week and a half, she can request nothing longer then 2 weeks. she also need to submit a parenting visitation plan for the duration they are living together so there is no arguments about who is taking the children where and when.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">