• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal malpractice

• Thread starter Charles Schafman
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Charles Schafman

How much is enough?

My ex-wife and myself were recently divorced. The legal bills for both of us combined were approximately $850,000.00.
I sold my family business during the divorce and netted about 2.1 million after taxes. After almost five years of legal turmoil, our first judge had to resign and they pulled a judge out of retirement who had NO idea of the complications of our case. We are both left with less then when we started. The question is this: What percentage of our total worth should our lawyers received for our case?

HomeGuru

Were your attorneys on a contingency fee basis? They should have billed hourly rather than bilk by percentage.

C

Charles Schafman

They were on an hourly basis. Their hours are inflated, but how do you prove it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">