• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal requirements of manager/company at firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

r34498

Well if I do, I'm sure as heck not going to read your answer and then claim I talked to an expert on the formation causes and timing effects of parasitic transistors on CMOS ICs at 40 degrees who says you're wrong.
So, that's the crux of your nastiness? That you perceive that I've claimed that other experts say that you're wrong? Okay...got it....I simply said that I found three lawyers who thought it was worth pursuing - that the company needed to be called on their unethical practices. My official opinion is that your opinion is valid. But, so is the opinion of the other lawyers with whom I spoke. Nobody need trash anybody.

“Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time, and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy.” - Aristotle

Proserpina

So, that's the crux of your nastiness? That you perceive that I've claimed that other experts say that you're wrong? Okay...got it....I simply said that I found three lawyers who thought it was worth pursuing - that the company needed to be called on their unethical practices. My official opinion is that your opinion is valid. But, so is the opinion of the other lawyers with whom I spoke. Nobody need trash anybody.

“Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time, and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy.” - Aristotle

Why are you still here?

You need to FOCUS.

swalsh411

Swalsh, your comments in this thread are extremely insulting to the HR people who volunteer for HOURS on this site.

I'll accept your apology now, please.
I appologize to nobody, so there is nothing to accept.

I'm wondering if you even read what I wrote. I was responding specifically to the OP's comment that he wanted to seek the advice of HR regarding unemployment eligibility. Would you advise an employee about to be terminated that he should seek the advice of the HR department about UI eligibility?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, I read what you wrote. And being in HR myself, and never having EVER tried to prevent someone from filing for unemployment, yes, I would so advise them. I have yet to meet an HR professional, and I have met a lot of them, who would deliberately mislead an employee about their right to unemployment.

Based on your comments, then, I will assume that your insult to my profession, and thus to me, was deliberate and intentional, and respond accordingly.

Proserpina

Yes, I read what you wrote. And being in HR myself, and never having EVER tried to prevent someone from filing for unemployment, yes, I would so advise them. I have yet to meet an HR professional, and I have met a lot of them, who would deliberately mislead an employee about their right to unemployment.

Based on your comments, then, I will assume that your insult to my profession, and thus to me, was deliberate and intentional, and respond accordingly.

I'm not in HR and employment law is not my forte as a rule.

But seriously - swalsh, you're out of line here.

eerelations

OP, I notice that while you've spent a load of time fighting with various people here, you haven't addressed the very heart of your issue, which is whether or not you reported your former employer's illegal activity to the applicable regulatory authority. All you've said is that you "expressed concern" about it to someone.

You need to understand that expressing concern most emphatically does not rise to the level of a formal report.

If all you did was express concern, then your termination was not wrongful. While you may have three lawyers telling you otherwise, that's probably because you mislead them into thinking you formally reported your former employer to the appropriate authorities.

If you did report your former employer to the appropriate authorities, then you probably do have a case for wrongful termination. However, I seriously doubt that you actually reported your former employer because, had you done so, you would have said as much 'way back the first time I asked you this question.

When you respond to this latest request for the same information, please limit your response to whether or not you formally reported your former employer, and if so, to whom. Anything else is extraneous and not relevant to whether or not this was a wrongful termination.

If you don't respond, we will continue with our assumption (based on your information) that a formal report was never made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">