• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter in the mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?GA
My husband received a letter in the mail saying that back in 2003 he was entered into a "Prize pool" and it was released on the 21st of Nov. 2005. It says that he has won a lump sum payment, that he was one of 30 winners. It also says that "in order to cover all of the applicable processing fees required to be paid before cash disbursement, we have enclosed a company check in the amount of $2,186.73 which is deducted from your total cash prize" On the bottom of the letter it states "Note that a letter of guarantee issued by north american lotto board has been filed on reserve with the proper government authorities to confirm payment of all prizes in the lotteries. On behalf of the commission. prize payments are carried out through the finance department and issued in complete conformance with any and all prize description and statements described herin. All winnings are guaranteed to be given away." The company that sent this letter is "Center Point Equity Management inc.

I called the company to see where my husband would have been entered in this "prize pool" they said that it was wither at a mall, sporting event or some one we know entered him in. The only info they needed for verification is our phone # and address.

Were confuesed about this... We don't want to get caught up in a scam

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">