• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

letter to court for child opinion of conservator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tx

Sorry if this is a double post. i tried to search, first. In texas family code it state a child of 12 years of age can file a written request of who they want to be their cp. i understand that it would be filed with the clerk, but would either parent see that letter, would a copy be given to each side in the case or is that between the court and child?

seniorjudge

GENERALLY anything filed with the court is public information.

The judge, of course, is able to seal parts of a file in some cases.

"she" is our 12yr old daughter. and no we have, or i know i have not talked to her about. but there are 3 couples on our street and 1 other couple we also know that are getting divorce. One is her best friend and i think they were talking and i believe that is were the question came from. i explained what i knew to her but told her that she would be fine that stuff is just a bunch of grown up stuff. but i ask the question out of curiosity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">