• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letters of Administration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peppylady

What is the name of your state? florida

Does a person named in a will as executor have the right to touch money or personal items from the deceased before they get the Letters of Administration from the Probate Court?

lwpat

It depends on what you mean by "touch." As a pratical matter the named PR should take whatever steps are necessary to protect the assets until the court can act.

peppylady

he was demanding me to hand over a bank account that was left to me POD. He did this even when he wasn't even PR and he didn't get his letter's yet. He alos had to post bond because he was out of state.

ladybg1

If the bank account was set up as POD, it doesn't go into probate & he can demand all he wants. That money is yours, not the estates.

peppylady

Ha Ha well he is sueing me for all of the money and wants to make it probate. It has been going on for 2 years now. He said at depo it is not what is legal it is what is right for the family

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">