• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

levy on bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2Mistakes

That is also where I am confused. They don't put on a levy either when someone is only two months behind.
Yeah, something isn't adding up. And if she's only 2 months behind, but owes $4,000, that would mean her order is for $2,000 per month? :confused:

OP, how much are you ordered to pay per month?

nibblernd

I owe arrears but am only two months behind. I always pay the full amount. I don't understand it either. I had to go to court once when I got three months behind before but I had an emergency hysterectomy and the court excused me from those payments because I was laid up. I have paid myself up to current now though. I had arrears before I was even aware I was divorced. But every month I have been paying on it, so I was surprised by this just out of the blue.

2Mistakes

I owe arrears but am only two months behind. I always pay the full amount. I don't understand it either. I had to go to court once when I got three months behind before but I had an emergency hysterectomy and the court excused me from those payments because I was laid up. I have paid myself up to current now though. I had arrears before I was even aware I was divorced. But every month I have been paying on it, so I was surprised by this just out of the blue.
Your statements conflict. Either you are behind and have arrears, or you are current. Can't be both.

How much are you ordered to pay per month?

BL

Your statements conflict. Either you are behind and have arrears, or you are current. Can't be both.

How much are you ordered to pay per month?
It's possible arrears were ordered with a monthly amount , and she fell behind .

It is possible if the State ( don't know about hers ) is handling the payments , that 2 months behind will trigger enforcement .

I agree though , there isn't a clear understanding of what exactly has transpired , and it's conflicting for us .

Last edited:

MarcT08

That is also where I am confused. They don't put on a levy either when someone is only two months behind.
Not TRUE
I am currently in a situation where i am two months behind and have a levy on my account. I have been paying my CS every month but to my understanding if u are $100.00 behind they have the right to place a levy on every thing u own.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Not TRUE
I am currently in a situation where i am two months behind and have a levy on my account. I have been paying my CS every month but to my understanding if u are $100.00 behind they have the right to place a levy on every thing u own.
If you are not in ND, then your experiences have no bearing on this. Different states handle arrearages differently. Besides, weren't you over 10K in arrearages? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">