• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lewstar

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boswd

What is the name of your state? MA

Don't know why you're thread was closed, so I hope I'm not violating anything here and I apologize in advance if I am.

Your $800 balance due is more than likely due to interest. It's only $800, I would pay it off on the full amount due. Paid always looks better than settled PERIOD. Settled can possibly can come back and be a pain in the future. There may be tax implications such as that can be considered income earned, if the CA reports the remaining $400 as a loss of doing business. Not postive on that but pretty sure. It maybe something you have to negiotate.
I would pay it off and avoid any worries down the road. get it in writing and have them send you a statement of paid in full. It's only $800. I you can't pay the full $800 at once giving the $160 up front and paying them off in installments is overall you're best bet.

And remember Paid always looks better than Settled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">