• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien Release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deja_vu2000

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I have tried searching the forums on this without any luck. Does anyone know if there is a time limit for the lien holder to release the lien after payoff in the state of Missouri.

I paid off my home equity loan in August 2006 and my bank still has not release the lien. Every time I call about it, they tell me it can take up to 90 days for them to file the paperwork??? (It only took them 3 days to file the lien after I took out the loan).

Thanks

momcat1

FYI, I'm still waiting for ours to be posted, and the loan was satisfied in August 2005. I sent another attorney after them, and received yet another 'sat' letter, but no evidence of filing. Keep after them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">