• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Localbitcoins CEO liability after company shuts down

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

retnuhmacs

I have a question about Law,
if the CEO commits an exit scam, can she taken liable for the amount of bitcoins I got scammed by the company after the company closes?

It's about the fraud company the Finish scammer Sara L.(name edited) is the CEO of LBC.

Last edited:

quincy

I have a question about Law,
if the CEO commits an exit scam, can she take taken reliable for the amount of bitcoins I got scammed by the company after the company closes?

It's about the fraud company (edited) the Finish scammer Sara L. (name edited) is the CEO of.
Are you in the U.S? If so, in what state do you reside?

Your post was reported to the moderator to have the real names removed and it will be returned after editing.

retnuhmacs

I am abroad. I am not in Finland. So its hard for me to deal with this case.
Once I find out the address o Sara I could file a case against her.

I already removed the full name, but the post is still hidden.

Last edited:

quincy

I am abroad. I am not in Finland. So its hard for me to deal with this case.
Once I find out the address o Sara I could file a case against her.

I already removed the full name, but the post is still hidden.
If you did not withdraw, or were unable for some reason to withdraw, your bitcoins back in February as advised by the platform, you probably have little chance of recovery now.

In the U.S., you can report cryptocurrency scams to the IC3 at www.ic3.gov or the FTC at www.reportfraud.ftc.gov. Or you can seek legal assistance in whatever area of the world you reside. FreeAdvice is not going to track down the address of the former CEO for you.

retnuhmacs

If you did not withdraw, or were unable for some reason to withdraw, your bitcoins back in February as advised by the platform, you probably have little chance of recovery now.

In the U.S., you can report cryptocurrency scams to the IC3 at www.ic3.gov or the FTC at www.reportfraud.ftc.gov. Or you can seek legal assistance in whatever area of the world you reside. FreeAdvice is not going to track down the address of the former CEO for you.
Thanks for your reply.
I was not able to withdrawal my Bitcoins, I tried many times. - LBC is just a scam.

Can I report LBC or Sara L. at the websites you mentioned, even they are in Finland and not in the U.S.?

quincy

Thanks for your reply.
I was not able to withdrawal my Bitcoins, I tried many times. - LBC is just a scam.

Can I report LBC or Sara L. at the websites you mentioned, even they are in Finland and not in the U.S.?
Where do you live? If not in the U.S., you will want to consult with an attorney in your area.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Thanks for your reply.

No law enforcement agency in the U.S. can help you unless the crime has some connection to the U.S. You've said that the bitcoin company and the people who ran it are in Finland and that you are also not in the U.S. Unless there is some connection with the U.S. in this criminal activity there will be nothing any agency of the U.S. will be able to do for you. If you are a U.S. citizen that might be enough. I suggest starting with law enforcement agencies in the country in which you now reside and go from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">