• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Locking our own threads.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Can we bring that back?
It might be helpful for senior members to be able to lock their own threads in some cases - but I know in the past, when all posters were able to lock their own threads, posters would do so to stop certain responders from posting and then reopen the thread to allow just a select few to add to the thread.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It might be helpful for senior members to be able to lock their own threads in some cases - but I know in the past, when all posters were able to lock their own threads, posters would do so to stop certain responders from posting and then reopen the thread to allow just a select few to add to the thread.
Gotcha. We should, at least, be allowed to lock posts in the Senior space.

ShyCat

I've put a certain troll on ignore which even hides quotes of its vile and childish trash. Face it, consistently troll-ish behavior means it's a troll. I get enough of a bad taste just reading the actual replies to know I'm not missing anything useful, enlightening or worthwhile. I believe my blood pressure has improved and I don't waste even a second trying to think up a suitable reply that will shut it up. Until the troll is banned, I recommend use of the ignore setting... and several deep, cleansing breaths. Don't be goaded into entertaining a troll.

LdiJ

I've put a certain troll on ignore which even hides quotes of its vile and childish trash. Face it, consistently troll-ish behavior means it's a troll. I get enough of a bad taste just reading the actual replies to know I'm not missing anything useful, enlightening or worthwhile. I believe my blood pressure has improved and I don't waste even a second trying to think up a suitable reply that will shut it up. Until the troll is banned, I recommend use of the ignore setting... and several deep, cleansing breaths. Don't be goaded into entertaining a troll.
I agree.

Just Blue

Hey SheCat!! It nice to see you post! How ya doing?

quincy

I avoided using the ignore function for a long time. I use it now. It really does help to lower the blood pressure.

Unfortunately, I am also a very curious sort and will sometimes read that which I had previously wisely ignored. What goads me into replying most is misinformation but irrational nonsense often irks me enough to spur a response, too.

I guess I should work on not being so curious. :)

It’s nice to see you post, ShyCat.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There's only one person I've ever put on ignore and that was back in about 2012 or so.

You all know my penchant for reading the archives - that's how the Stupid People thread got started. Recently I got curious and took that one person off ignore. I read a few threads and put him back on ignore. The guy's been gone since 2015 and he STILL raises my blood pressure.

quincy

There's only one person I've ever put on ignore and that was back in about 2012 or so.

You all know my penchant for reading the archives - that's how the Stupid People thread got started. Recently I got curious and took that one person off ignore. I read a few threads and put him back on ignore. The guy's been gone since 2015 and he STILL raises my blood pressure.
Even when I was being verbally assaulted by a whole herd of vicious trolls, I never used the ignore feature. I probably should have. Instead I just left the forum. That helped. Haha.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then of course, there was the guy who was doxing me before doxing was even a thing. You were a great help then, Q. As was Mass Shyster and a couple of others. He got cleaned off the boards pretty thoroughly; Moderators were lining up to ban him. I never had to worry about putting him on Ignore.

But the guy I did Ignore was his buddy.

quincy

Then of course, there was the guy who was doxing me before doxing was even a thing. You were a great help then, Q. As was Mass Shyster and a couple of others. He got cleaned off the boards pretty thoroughly; Moderators were lining up to ban him. I never had to worry about putting him on Ignore.

But the guy I did Ignore was his buddy.
Those were fun times we lived through, weren’t they? Haha.

Reactions: cbg

Just Blue

who was it?

ShyCat

Hi all! I'm going great, now 8 years surviving a cancer that was expected to kill me, so I can't complain. Life is good. :cool:

I know I don't post often, but I'm here every day, just lurking and only chiming in when I have any hope of being useful.

Okay, back to lurking mode... ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">