• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost biopsy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kasp

In short--I had a biopsy of my thyroid to rule out a malignacy and the lab lost my specimen.I then had to go through the procedure again. The second time the biopsy was done a blood vessel was struck and my neck swelled up and I was unable to speak or swallow until pressure was applied and the hematoma subsided.This second biopsy was very traumatic for me. Do I have a reason for a lawsuit? The same lab also lost a co-worker's biopsy.If so what type of damages would be rendered?
Thank you , kasp from NJ

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You may: you need to be specific about your damages:

1. permanent damage?
2. How long did suffering last if not permanent?
3. Does this typically happen with such a biopsy (the swelling, etc?)

You will need to speak with a medical malpractice attorney in your state. Try http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">