• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loud neighbor and one other issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

enjay

You're welcome. I hope it works out for you. :) I've found that if you act confident and make it clear you do not intend to be a pushover, the property manager will be more likely to take some action. Most property managers I've dealt with try to get away with doing the least amount of managing possible.

You Are Guilty

Aislynn said:
What kind of advice is that?

Anyway, I always wear something low cut. So. Maybe that is why she doesn't like me. And maybe that is why the girl next door is so loud. Thanks, I should have thought of that before. ;)

Does anyone else have something that is actually helpful?
OK, try this one. Go in there, mad as hell, demand that they pay you for your one day of lost work, threaten to withhold your rent if they don't, turn red, cry, get hysterical, maybe play the race card... all of which is certainly going to help you more than just trying to be nice.

When you don't have an absolute right to the relief you're requesting, and the other side knows it, it sort of negates any negotiating advantage you might have. So go in there like gangbusters and please don't forget to report back with the results.

You Are Guilty

enjay said:
You're welcome. I hope it works out for you. :) I've found that if you act confident and make it clear you do not intend to be a pushover, the property manager will be more likely to take some action. Most property managers I've dealt with try to get away with doing the least amount of managing possible.
There's a big difference between asking management to control a noisy neighbor (which they are legally required to do and they know it) versus asking them to pay lost wages because someone didn't want to dig their car out of a snowbank (which is not legally required, and they most likely know it).

enjay

You Are Guilty said:
There's a big difference between asking management to control a noisy neighbor (which they are legally required to do and they know it) versus asking them to pay lost wages because someone didn't want to dig their car out of a snowbank (which is not legally required, and they most likely know it).
True that. If I were the OP I wouldn't expect reimbursement for the wages, but I'd definitely demand that management do something about the neighbor.

Who's Liable?

You'll need to send a few CRRR letters to the office stating the problem, what part of the lease it violates, and your efforts to fix the problems...

Additionally, sedn a CRRR letter to the girl stating she is in violation of the lease and to please comply by not playing loud music after 9P.M., and anything else she may have violated... You might want to get a tape recroder or camcorder and tape some evidence, have a normal conversation and see how loud her music gets...

If the management office does not respond after 2 or 3 letters, send another one stating you ahve no option but to sue them and your Lawyer will be contacting them shortly... Send another one to the girl stating the same thing... You might just scare the crap out of her...

Aislynn

Quote:

I Aislynn Replies:
But their trucks plowed me (a ten foot pile, which covered the back end of my car. I have pictures. There was no way any ten people, nevermind me and my boyfriend were going to shovel me out of that mound.) to a perfectly legally parking spot. Then they didn't believe me about the mound until they sent some guys. And those guys sent to help dig me out refused to help, stating, "You're probably going to be stuck here all winter." And then, after much debated, they finally sent a bogcact plow to dig me out, which took several hours, and I still had to dig the rest of my car out, and, by theh, I had already missed a day of work, because management plowed me in. I missed a day of work!! Because of their plow. The work I do to pay the rent (which is considerable) to live in an aparment complex that supposedly ensures situations like this do not occur. In fact, my boyfriend had asked them when we first moved in about what method they use to plow snow. They promised their trucks had a special attachment that keeps the snow from moving up against the car. Well, it would have worked if they didn't dump snow in back and partially on top of my car.

That is why I think I should have that day of pay removed from my rent.

Last edited:

Aislynn

You Are Guilty:
So, tell management that and see what happens. I fail to see the problem.

Aislynn:
Because the property manager is kinda smooth-tongued. I wanted some advice on how to talk to her. Not what to say to her. When I called her the other day to make the appointment, before I even had a chance to talk she started to say, "I heard about your situation, we here at _____ are so very sorry for your inconvenience. I know we should have had designated areas for the snowplows, but the storm hit so fast. We just wanted the area clear for emergency vehicles. It was awful that your car had to be blocked in during the process."

Oh. Did I mention that they plowed in the only staircase to our apartments the last time it snowed? It took them a whole day to shovel the entranceway out.

Anyway, I know you are probably sick of hearing about this. But I just wanted advice on how to deal with the property manager. The girl next door and the snow incident are only two of several issues we have with management. I could make a list:
1. Our down-the-stair’s bathroom is on an outside wall, and it is not heated in the winter. There is no heat for that room unless the door is fully open (which is kinda gross because it is right outside the kitchen) or a space heater is set outside the bathroom door.
2. Our sliding glass doors from our patio are loose. During the storm snow was blowing into our apartment, we told the complex, they supposedly fixed it, but snow still gets in.
3. The sliding doors that act as our kitchen window are broken.
4. The light pole in our apartment courtyard is burnt out. The only light source to and from the staircase to our apartments. And it has been burnt out for over a month. I keep calling, but they’ve down nothing.

Anyway, you get the point. I’m just a bit frustrated now. And we are meeting with the property manager today. I just wanted so advice on how to talk to her. I just want to try to avoid getting screwed.

Who's Liable?

ok lady... you aren't getting it!

Obviously calling them on the phone is not doing anything! STOP CALLING THEM AND START SENDING LETTERS!!! They can always DENY that they spoke with you, but a letter delivered CRRR it hard to deny! Every time something happens, right them a CRRR letter... You are creating a paper trail by sending the letters... by doing so you are strenghening your position by showing they are not fulfilling the terms of the lease and you have a leg to stand on if you go to court!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">