• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lowering support amount

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Litigation!

thankyou said:
How can an attorney help lower support amount?

My response:

Like an acrobat, an attorney can fly through the air with the greatest of ease, that daring young man on the flying trapeze . . .

IAAL

thankyou

Father (repondant) hired an attorney and my attorney said
he probably did so because he thinks it will help lower the
amount that is ordered for him to pay.

thankyou said:
Is the current support that high? Possibly...depending on how caniving his lawyer can be. If they try to push for visitation..etc. I've seen it work for and against the ncp.

thankyou

There isn't an order yet but the judge spoke with both of
our lawyers and is setting up a conference so they can
calculate the support amount.
Custody isn't an issue. He doesn't know yet if he ever
wants to meet our daughter or not.

Litigation!

thankyou said:
There isn't an order yet but the judge spoke with both of
our lawyers and is setting up a conference so they can
calculate the support amount.
Custody isn't an issue. He doesn't know yet if he ever
wants to meet our daughter or not.

My response:

"He doesn't know yet if he ever wants to meet our daughter or not."

So what? Who cares? What does THAT have to do with the issue?

Oh, and by the way, do you have any clue why you're not getting any serious responses?

IAAL

ceara19

Child support will be calculated using the state guidelines. The only thing an attorney can really do is make sure the calculations are correct.

thankyou

He isn't requesting visitation since he isn't sure if
he wants to meet her, therefore, his support will
not be lowered for having her overnight.

Litigation!

thankyou said:
He isn't requesting visitation since he isn't sure if
he wants to meet her, therefore, his support will
not be lowered for having her overnight.

My response:

That has nothing to do with the issue. We know this information already. But you haven't given enough facts, and you haven't given us your State name - - as the instructions require.

Do you sincerely believe you've given us enough facts, or the correct facts, with which to respond to you? No, you haven't.

Also, the response of ceara19 is only partial. We are now on the 10th post because you're unable to do as instructed, or to give us the correct facts.

IAAL

ceara19

Litigation! said:
My response:

That has nothing to do with the issue. We know this information already. But you haven't given enough facts, and you haven't given us your State name - - as the instructions require.

Do you sincerely believe you've given us enough facts, or the correct facts, with which to respond to you? No, you haven't.

Also, the response of ceara19 is only partial. We are now on the 10th post because you're unable to do as instructed, or to give us the correct facts.

IAAL
You are right, there can be much more to the answer. I only based the answer given on the info provided.

Gracie3787

thankyou said:
It really doesn't matter WHY he hired an attorney, it is his right to have legal representation, just as it is your right.

Only the father knows why he has an attorney and your attorney is just making GUESSES- that's all.

It's possible that he hired an attorney because he KNOWS you have one, and he's afraid that you'll get MORE CS just because you have one. It works both ways.

thankyou

That makes sense. Perhaps he is afraid and he just feels more
comfortable having one. His attorney wont be the one calculating
the support but it will probably be to his advantage to have one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">