• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lyft driver damages my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JustFit

What is the name of your state? Mississippi.

The Lyft driver drove over my camera bag, damage the camera.
I asked him for insurance info... he won't tell me.
I got his Tennessee Licence plate number and his first name.

I emailed Lyft and Lyft support emailed me that their policy won't pay for it.

I called the police... and he said it was just an accident... and I should get the driver's phone number
from Lyft.... because it is a civil matter.

I don't think Lyft will give me his phone number or any information about him.

I feel it is unfair.

JustFit

I had the bag in the wheelchair. And I put the bag hit the ground as I try to put the wheelchair in the trunk. THe driver helped me.
And I forgot about the bag... until the SUV bumped over it. So I told him to stop the car, I got out of the car and retrieve my bag.

ShyCat

Seems to be negligence on your part. Why do you believe the driver had more responsibility for your bag than you?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I had the bag in the wheelchair. And I put the bag hit the ground as I try to put the wheelchair in the trunk. THe driver helped me.
And I forgot about the bag... until the SUV bumped over it. So I told him to stop the car, I got out of the car and retrieve my bag.
You were responsible for your bag. You are the reason the bag and camera were damaged. You don't get to blame anyone else.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Interesting. So Justfit collapses and decides that everyone else has to pay for his/her collapse due to health issues without any proof that the hotel or Walmart did wrong. And then it is Lyft's fault, JustFit left their property on the ground and wants to sue the driver.

Justfit needs to grow up and take responsibility for his/her actions and quit being irresponsible and litigious.

(3) Arrest Warrant | Page 2 | Forum.FreeAdvice.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">