• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying in deposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

singledadct

and additionally "Controlled" drugs as far as I know are schedule 1-4 and have a DEA number attached to them, all other prescription medication is not considered controlled and the inventory and record keeping of them is different.

LdiJ

This is a catalog of medication that I removed from the home that did NOT have a prescription written for it. Some of the items may be OTC but I just cut and pasted the list from my records. The qty range of each medication was from 2-100 each. I have the equivilent of 2 grocery bags. The majority was cyclobenziprine (flexaril) Pseudoephedrine and Metformin.

Simethicone 80mg (non prescription foil)
Loperamide 2 mg (non prescription foil)
Loratadine 10mg (non prescription foil)
Guaifenesin 600mg (Hospital Foil)
Pseudoephedrine 30mg (Hospital Foil)
Pseudoephedrine 60mg (Hospital Foil)
Benzonatate 100mg (Hospital Foil)
Prednisone 20mg (non prescription foil)
Diphenhydramine HCL 50mg (non prescription foil)
Biaxin 500mg (non prescription foil)
Protonix Delayed Release 40mg (non prescription foil)
Acyclovir 200mg (non prescription foil)
Relpax 40mg (non prescription foil)
Ibuprofen 600mg (non prescription foil)
Cetirizine 10mg (Hospital Foil)
Cetrizine 5mg (Hospital Foil)
Acetaminophen 500mg / phenylephrine 5mg (foil)
Metformin 1000mg (non prescription foil)
Metformin 500mg (non prescription foil)
Metformin 850mg (non prescription foil)
Clindamycin HCL 150mg (non prescription foil)
Levothyroxine 112MCG (Hospital Foil)
Ferrous Sulphate 325 MG (Non-Prescription Foil)
Cyclobenzaprine 10MG (non prescription foil
Cephalexin 250MG (non prescription foil)
Gabapentin 300MG (Non Prescription Foil)
Singulair 10MG (non prescription foil)
Fenofibrate 145MG (Hospital Foil)
Ciprofloaxin 500mg (non prescription foil)
Tylenol Allergy (foils and boxes)
Tylenol Sinus (foils and boxes)
CVS Allergy relief (bottle)
Ibuprofin 800 (loose in ziplock bag)
Flowmax 0.4mg (sample bottle)

I know some people are very passionate about their responses and really dont know the whole story but I can reassure you I am not looking to make a mountain out of a molehill. I honestly did not know that this was going on for as long as it was, I made clear that I did not think that she was using this medication to get high, the problem was that she was self diagnosing and self medicating. I NEVER left my daughter alone with her overnight, I have a Nanny that lives with us since my daughter was 3 because of the medical issues my stbx has as well as her emotional detachment from my daughter. The Nanny is there to get her on / off the school bus and prepared for the day, occasionally if I am forced to be out of the home overnight for business she satys with the Nanny in her apartment. And AGAIN I maintain that I want her to be healthy so she can have a healthy relationship with my daughter.
I don't have time to look them all up, but the first three that you mentioned (in your paragraph rather than your list) are a muscle relaxer (non prescription) a decongestant (non-prescription) and a drug used to treat type II diabetes. The first one on your "list" is non-prescription to relieve gas and bloating.

Most of what you have on your list appears to be non-prescription...and it appears to be a wide range of non-prescription medications...lots of different cough and cold medications.

Is mom a bit of a hypochrondriac?...or the type of person that just wants to have something on hand for every possible eventuality?

The vast majority appears to be things that can be purchased at the drugstore on a OTC basis. I am not sure that this is going to be taken all that seriously in court unless mom has been hospitalized for taking bad combinations of OTC meds or something like that.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So let us go through them...

Simethicone 80mg (non prescription foil)
Loperamide 2 mg (non prescription foil)
Loratadine 10mg (non prescription foil)
Guaifenesin 600mg (Hospital Foil)
Pseudoephedrine 30mg (Hospital Foil)
Pseudoephedrine 60mg (Hospital Foil)
Benzonatate 100mg (Hospital Foil)
Prednisone 20mg (non prescription foil)
Diphenhydramine HCL 50mg (non prescription foil)
Biaxin 500mg (non prescription foil)
Protonix Delayed Release 40mg (non prescription foil)
Acyclovir 200mg (non prescription foil)
Relpax 40mg (non prescription foil)
Missed these the first time through but agree with LD. Did the baby ever have gas? Because the first medicine is given to children to get rid of gas.

Ibuprofen 600mg (non prescription foil)
Doesn't require a prescription.

Cetirizine 10mg (Hospital Foil)
Cetrizine 5mg (Hospital Foil)
AKA Zyrtec which is sold OTC

Acetaminophen 500mg / phenylephrine 5mg (foil)
pain reliever with decongestant -- basically sudafed?

Metformin 1000mg (non prescription foil)
Metformin 500mg (non prescription foil)
Metformin 850mg (non prescription foil)
She is diabetic? This is for insulin resistance -- also used to treat PCOS.

Clindamycin HCL 150mg (non prescription foil)
An antibiotic.

Levothyroxine 112MCG (Hospital Foil)
AKA Synthroid for low thyroid.
Ferrous Sulphate 325 MG (Non-Prescription Foil)
An iron supplement that can be purchased OTC

Cyclobenzaprine 10MG (non prescription foil
AKA Flexeril a muscle relaxant.

Cephalexin 250MG (non prescription foil)
Treats ear infections among other things.

Gabapentin 300MG (Non Prescription Foil)
AKA neurontin which treats epilepsy

Singulair 10MG (non prescription foil)
Another allergy medicine

Fenofibrate 145MG (Hospital Foil)
Used to treat high cholesterol

Ciprofloaxin 500mg (non prescription foil)
A second generation antibiotic

Ibuprofin 800 (loose in ziplock bag)
OTC drugs.

Flowmax 0.4mg (sample bottle)
Treats an enlarged prostate.

So your wife suffers from low thyroid, high cholesterol, allergies and severe urinary tract infections -- that explains all of the medications above and doesn't really prove she is a danger. .

I know some people are very passionate about their responses and really dont know the whole story but I can reassure you I am not looking to make a mountain out of a molehill. I honestly did not know that this was going on for as long as it was, I made clear that I did not think that she was using this medication to get high, the problem was that she was self diagnosing and self medicating.
How do you know that? Much of that medicine is available OTC. A doctor could have given her the antibiotics and when didn't work switched medications but she didn't get rid of the "old" medicines. Who diagnosed her as self medicating?

I NEVER left my daughter alone with her overnight, I have a Nanny that lives with us since my daughter was 3 because of the medical issues my stbx has as well as her emotional detachment from my daughter.
Who determined she has emotional detachment from HER daughter?
The Nanny is there to get her on / off the school bus and prepared for the day, occasionally if I am forced to be out of the home overnight for business she satys with the Nanny in her apartment. And AGAIN I maintain that I want her to be healthy so she can have a healthy relationship with my daughter.
Who determined she is NOT healthy to have a relationship with HER daughter?

What shift does your wife work?

singledadct

Ibuprophen 600
Yes all of these are OTC,
ALL the rest of the medications on the list are required to have a prescription for which she does not have.
The other information that is not being taken into consideration is meds she IS given by prescription.

anothter item is the Metformin has just been approved for weight loss and in not only used for diabetes. I dont think she is prescribes this. She currently has 4 Dr.'s prescribing to her, as well as being a patient in a Pain Clinic and having signed a Pain Care agreement which she breached by taking the meds from work as well as having other Dr's prescribing.
All of this medication was in the house NOT in childproof containers. The bulk of it was the nurontin (nerve pain) and the Flexaril and the psudoephedrin.
There is alot of other info that goes along with it also. We have struggled in therapy for many years to try and get her help to have the relationship she needed to have with our daughter. She chose to focus more on the fact that her illness was brought on by pregnancy and the relationship that I had with my daughter was taking time away from her and I.
The ****tails of medication she is taking causes her to "crash" (my words) just before I filed my daughter, came running downstairs to me after trying to wake her mother up before bed and she was unconsious. Our normal routine was my daughter and I and Mom in bed. It has been this way since my daughters birth. I would hear "I didnt go to school for 8 years to be a stay at home mom" and she took no interest in the day to day activities with the family. The resentment for being sick always overshadowed the good. Her response to wanting custody was "what would people say about me if I leave and dont have my daughter with me" she actually had a condo rented and moved out until she was told by her lawyer to go back home and stay. I offered to sign papers stating that she was NOT abandoning her family or home and they still wouldnt do it.
I had to pay for the drug eval (6500.00) which took 5 months of fighting to get done, finally mandated by the court, we are waiting on the results. The eval was not only hair, blood and urine but a mental eval as well.
Ther is a pschy eval being done as well (10k) which I had to fight to get and also agree to have done for me as well.
I have not been deposed, no information requested, basically her lawyer shows up when he is forced to go to court and thats it. There is nothing I am being accused of. They are only reacting to our motions because they dont want to have to deal with anymore info than what is on the table now.
I gave her plenty of opportunity prior to the motions being filed to start a program called PRN (pharmacist recovery network) or make a valiant effort with a therapist and I would have no problem sharing custody. With my daughter being 10 and very strong willed she is now in control of their relationship and tells her mother what to do. She is the parent, not my stbx.
Thank you for enlightening me with the "flip side" I just want things to progress. I feel as though I filed for divorce to keep my daughter safe and healthy and now I have out in more in harms way.

doc2b

I'm just curious if your wife has RSD (doesn't have anything to do with the answer to your question, just wondering based on the meds you've described her as taking and the fact that she's attending a pain clinic)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ibuprophen 600
ALL the rest of the medications on the list are required to have a prescription for which she does not have.
The other information that is not being taken into consideration is meds she IS given by prescription.
Really? Because Zyrtec is OTC.

anothter item is the Metformin has just been approved for weight loss and in not only used for diabetes. I dont think she is prescribes this.
It is also used for PCOS and other "woman" problems.

She currently has 4 Dr.'s prescribing to her, as well as being a patient in a Pain Clinic and having signed a Pain Care agreement which she breached by taking the meds from work as well as having other Dr's prescribing.
Really? If she has an allergist, OB Gyn, Primary Care Physician and a doctor for pain that is four doctors and not out of the realm for what many women have.

All of this medication was in the house NOT in childproof containers.
Child proof containers are NOT required by law. Were they stored up away from the child?
The bulk of it was the nurontin (nerve pain) and the Flexaril and the psudoephedrin.
And?

There is alot of other info that goes along with it also. We have struggled in therapy for many years to try and get her help to have the relationship she needed to have with our daughter. She chose to focus more on the fact that her illness was brought on by pregnancy and the relationship that I had with my daughter was taking time away from her and I.
In YOUR opinion.

The ****tails of medication she is taking causes her to "crash" (my words) just before I filed my daughter, came running downstairs to me after trying to wake her mother up before bed and she was unconsious. Our normal routine was my daughter and I and Mom in bed. It has been this way since my daughters birth.
And why was mom unconscious? Did you call an ambulance or take her to a doctor at that time? Why is your 10 year old sharing your bed?

I would hear "I didnt go to school for 8 years to be a stay at home mom" and she took no interest in the day to day activities with the family.
Really? Your child is 10 and she never participated in anything?

The resentment for being sick always overshadowed the good. Her response to wanting custody was "what would people say about me if I leave and dont have my daughter with me" she actually had a condo rented and moved out until she was told by her lawyer to go back home and stay. I offered to sign papers stating that she was NOT abandoning her family or home and they still wouldnt do it.
I can understand why she still wouldn't do so considering what you are doing.

I had to pay for the drug eval (6500.00) which took 5 months of fighting to get done, finally mandated by the court, we are waiting on the results. The eval was not only hair, blood and urine but a mental eval as well.
Ther is a pschy eval being done as well (10k) which I had to fight to get and also agree to have done for me as well.
Okay. You should have a drug eval done as well. You should be paying for the psych eval as well.

I have not been deposed, no information requested, basically her lawyer shows up when he is forced to go to court and thats it. There is nothing I am being accused of. They are only reacting to our motions because they dont want to have to deal with anymore info than what is on the table now.
Or because she cannot afford to pay her attorney to do all that against you.

I gave her plenty of opportunity prior to the motions being filed to start a program called PRN (pharmacist recovery network) or make a valiant effort with a therapist and I would have no problem sharing custody.
Oh so it has to be on YOUR terms. You are right and mom doesn't have a side because in your eyes she is just wrong and needs to jump through whatever hoops you believe she should jump through.
With my daughter being 10 and very strong willed she is now in control of their relationship and tells her mother what to do. She is the parent, not my stbx.
Thank you for enlightening me with the "flip side" I just want things to progress. I feel as though I filed for divorce to keep my daughter safe and healthy and now I have out in more in harms way.
Your daughter is 10 -- so have you asked for a GAL to be appointed?

LdiJ

Ibuprophen 600
Not according to what I have read, much of med names that you have given are medical/scientfic/generic names for medications that are available OTC under different brand names.
In addition, you own list, named most of them as being non-prescription.

Others have mentioned that as well.

For example, Pseudoephedrine, which was in your text as one of the main drugs you found, is the generic name for the main ingredient in Sudafed, which is absolutely an OTC medication. Its also found in other brand name cold medicines.

OG named another...I think someone else named another...

What you have to be understanding is that if you want to claim a drug problem, you have to PROVE that the drug problem exists.

You have to 1) prove that she is obtaining medications that she cannot obtain OTC...and obtaining them without a doctor's prescription (which I honestly don't think that you can do) and 2) you must prove that they negatively effect her ability to parent, (which I don't think that you have hard evidence of either at this point)

The only thing that I think that you can prove at the moment is that she has lots of non-prescription meds that came from the hospital where she works.

Let me give you an example...17 days ago I was diagnosed with acute bronchitis and the doctor (a walk in clinic) gave me 5 different medications for it. I went to the pharmacy with the prescriptions and went home with the meds. I only took 4 of them because one of them, after reading the flyer, made me nervous and didn't seem necessary...14 days ago I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance (at the insistance of the walk in clinic that I called) because it appeared that I was having a heart attack.

I was not having a heart attack, I was one of a rare number of people who had a seriously negative reaction to the combo of meds. I was given new prescriptions and released.

Now...none of my meds could have been purchased OTC...nor were they main ingredients of meds that I could have purchased OTC...so, if I hadn't had prescriptions, there would have been hard evidence/documentation that I was abusing prescription drugs. If they had all been meds available OTC then there also would have been hard evidence that I possibly wasn't paying sufficent attention to the combo of OTC drugs that I was taking.

If, over the course of several years I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance multiple times for things that turned out to be bad combos of OTC drugs, then there would be clear evidence that I was abusing/being stupid about OTC drugs.

However, if I had in my medicine cabinet a full bottle of every single drug you listed, but under their OTC brand names, plus a handful..or even more than a handful of prescription meds provided to me over a couple of years, with no trips to the hospital or any other OUTSIDE evidence of problems, no one would think twice.

You are thinking twice because the meds are coming from the hospital where she works that she is abusing prescription drugs because they are coming from the hospital under their generic names, rather than their brand names, and because you don't see a bottle with a pharmacy lable, you are assuming that they are non prescribed or something that she is ingesting illegally somehow.

In all reality, she may be committing a crime. She may be stealing meds from the hospital where she works rather than paying for them at the drugstore...or she may be accepting "samples" from drug sales reps who are issuing them from their stock as "samples' for the hospital she works for...your evidence certainly points to something like that...even if she has/had prescriptions for the meds that required prescriptions.

What your evidence does NOT point to is that she is abusing any kind of medication.

Last edited:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Along with diabetes and a thyroid condition....

There are some antibiotics in there as well.
And some smooth muscle relaxers.... I could go through that entire list and identify over 75% of them, including indications. But not going to waste my time.

OP needs to know that physicians often get samples of medications to give to patients and they aren't in child-proof bottles.

singledadct

Really? Because Zyrtec is OTC.

It is also used for PCOS and other "woman" problems.
The medication on the list is nothing that can be bought OTC, the strengths and the coumpound is not the same. I certainly wouldnt be making a fuss if all of the stuff was OTC meds.

Really? If she has an allergist, OB Gyn, Primary Care Physician and a doctor for pain that is four doctors and not out of the realm for what many women have.

I forgot I am talking to a lawyer, the 4 Dr's are prescribing Percocet, Valium, and lunesta simultaneously. This is why I had to go to court to get the medical records which her lawyer would not release.

Child proof containers are NOT required by law. Were they stored up away from the child?

And?
And, I didnt have a child and put the effort I did into raising her to come home and have her in her mothers pill which ARENT out of her reach not in a childproof container.

In YOUR opinion.

And why was mom unconscious? Did you call an ambulance or take her to a doctor at that time? Why is your 10 year old sharing your bed?
My comment was confusing. I was explaining that status quo was my daughter and I lived our lives while mom was in bed (day and night)

Really? Your child is 10 and she never participated in anything?
She gave her a bath for the first time when she was 6, drove by camp daily at the end of the day and comes home to bed instead of picking her up.
NEVER got up at night with her NEVER!

I can understand why she still wouldn't do so considering what you are doing.
What is it exactly that I am doing. SOunds like I may have struck a cord with something personal with you?

Okay. You should have a drug eval done as well. You should be paying for the psych eval as well. Why should I have a drug eval done, If I take a dozen advil a year I am lucky. And I did pay fo rthe eval.

Or because she cannot afford to pay her attorney to do all that against you.
she makes 150k a year, not including my income, she's got plenty

Oh so it has to be on YOUR terms. You are right and mom doesn't have a side because in your eyes she is just wrong and needs to jump through whatever hoops you believe she should jump through.
No, I tried to go the route of getting help for her and have held her hand like I vowed to do 13 years ago, there is only so much 1 can take.

Your daughter is 10 -- so have you asked for a GAL to be appointed?
I chose the GAL based on personality and reccomendations, I wasnt about to let the court appoint whoever was next on the list.
I know your trying to get your point across but with limited info your opinions come across pretty harsh, I am not looking for sympathy and appreciate hearing the flip side but jeez, the system is hard enough and as a father I have strikes against me to start, I am not looking to take her away from her mother it just cant be as distructive as it was.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">