• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MA DOR Mailed me change to current order...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LillianX

I'd file the paperwork around the time he applies for schools. If he doesn't apply, then you know you'll need to go to court. If he does apply, then your court date will probably hit right around the time he starts getting his acceptance letters. I know things are pretty backed up here in MA. Folks waiting 5 months for a hearing is not unheard of right now.

xroverguy

Just thought I would make everyone aware of a few things.

As it turns out, If my son joins the service or starts a job, a fax can be sent to MA DOR and the order for support payment will stop. If I was to do that, the order would still be in effect untill 4/17 and letters would be sent out 6 months prior to that end date 4/17 that it was coming to an end. When 4/17 cam, the court would send MA DOR the modified order to terminate agreement and the order would be gone.

This Sept. 2012, If he is not in post education, I would need to file for modification and have it removed in court. Then it's removed.

After coming full circle with this my advice is to never just fax anything, have it heard in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">