• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mad As "L" !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New York State:

A curbside commercial vehicle pulled out and ran into me. This driver had no indicator on to show intent to gain access to the road. He gets out of the commercial vehicle and asks "where did you come from?", meaning he didn't see me.The damage ranges from the middle passenger side door to the back.

Police report filed and shows no witness at the scene.

Now their insurance company states that it accepts no liability because a "witness" states that I was on my cell phone and ran into the vehicle.

Could it be said that the other insurance company is acting in "bad faith" because it didn't take the time out to look at the accident scene and properly investigate the evidence?

S

shell007

discogram723 said:
New York State:

A curbside commercial vehicle pulled out and ran into me. This driver had no indicator on to show intent to gain access to the road. He gets out of the commercial vehicle and asks "where did you come from?", meaning he didn't see me.The damage ranges from the middle passenger side door to the back.

Police report filed and shows no witness at the scene.

Now their insurance company states that it accepts no liability because a "witness" states that I was on my cell phone and ran into the vehicle.

Could it be said that the other insurance company is acting in "bad faith" because it didn't take the time out to look at the accident scene and properly investigate the evidence?
Even though there were no witnesses....did the police give a citation to either one of you?

I was not given a citation. I cannot say with regards to the other driver. They spoke to the side and away from me. The diagram clearly shows that the policeman believes that the commercial vehicle ran into me.

If he were issued a citation, would I be able to access this information?

averad

What about all this info:

Insurance Company Has A Lying Witness
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=322486

Need To Obtain 911 phone records

discogram723 said:
I only have one cell phone. I have contacted the NYC Police Department Commissioners office, Senator Clinton and Schumer's Offices, the Queens District Attorney's Office and Governor Pataki's office. I swore under oath, as did this "witness" of the other company.

I have no reason to lie. Whatever the other company's motives are, remain to be seen.
discogram723 said:
Last but not least, I contacted every news station in the metropolitan area. The other side is obviously lying and I am willing to put myself out there to get to the truth. I am prepared to exhaust ALL options that I have available.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=322601

You have been given multiple answers, reposting and leaving out information isn't going to help any.

seniorjudge said:
If you want to "vindicate" yourself, then sue the person who you say caused your damage and then you will get to tell your side in court.

Last edited:
To those that feel they are "wasting their time":

Simply put, I have gotten different answers each time and have explored other avenues. Two heads are better than one and I just have to thank those that did reply.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. The website states FreeAdvice and is not guided by those who wish to embarass others. If that is the case, get your own forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">