• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Make my complaint public but legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debneb

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I am thinking of publicly complaining/protesting service from a company, but I want to make sure I do it in a legal, non-libelous way.

I've made a complaint to a vacation/time share business because I feel it misrepresented a free offer (I asked many, many specific questions about what I would receive for participating in their presentation. What they gave me was completely opposite to one of the questions I asked at least twice). I called the complaint number they gave me 8 or 9 times over two weeks (once I talked to a live person, explained my complaint, and he said he would investigate and get back to me that afternoon. Of course he never called back). I have sent a letter to a company officer and when I got no response from that in 10 days, I filed a BBB complaint. I have never received any type of response from the company. I know they are making this same offer to other people daily. I want to publicly complain, in a legal, non-libeous way, about their service because I am angry that they have never responded to me and because I know other people are getting treated the same. I want to "protest" by carrying a sign on the sidewalk in front of their building at a time I know other customers will be arriving. I'm thinking of putting "Company Name. I have been waiting x weeks for a response to my complaint." Their building is in a complex of several strip malls and I planned to stay on the sidewalk by the street. I want to make sure what I do is legal because it's possible someone from the company will come out and ask me to stop.

C

cur7is

We have the right to free speech, and picketing is protected under that. They may ask you to stop, but they can't force you to because it is FREE SPEECH. Nor can they have you arrested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">