• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MAL...MIS...NON...feasence by Atty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ruthy7

MINNESOTA
Can an Atty be charged with mal, mis, non feasence for goofing up a court case by missing schedules, missing witnesses, missing arguments, missing procedures...the Judge chewed them out but, never defaulted them...I was damaged. Or is that all covered in Mal Practice, ethics and misconduct. I want a charge that I can take into Court with Statutes, rather than going to the Bar & Judge complaint route. How about "consumer fraud statutes"? "Constructive fraud and misrepresentation?" Will obstructing justice fly & would that be a crime, then too. What crime statute would be violated? Really, what I want is what can a lawyer be charged with by goofing up a court case?? Please and thanks

Mass_Shyster

An attorney is subject to discipline from the bar association, as well as civil liability in a malpractice case.

You can file a complaint, or sue.

The state is not going to fight this battle for you.

Ruthy7

Mal...Mis...Non...feasence Atty

My damages direct was about $2,100. dollars for investigation, travel, witnesses, public papers, copies, etc. Without this money I was not able to meet some obligations and lost them, was sued, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">