• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mama of twins here~Upcoming Child Support hearing and I lost my attorney :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ladyback1

Just what is the point of your post Blue Meanie? I am a long time lurker (generally interested in law stuff) and I am pretty disgusted with this comment. But leaving my feelings out of it, lets just clarify something

#1. I would like to know exactly where she stated anything about "helping him." from my perspective, the OP is approaching everything from a perspective of "how can I do the right thing by my children?"
#2 If she was "not fit to parent a goldfish" I am sure the security and comfort of a partner who has a job would draw her back in.
#3 The OP came here asking for advice on how to deal with legal challenges and clearly asking for advice on what the drawback of each option would be. And your response is to attack her? Wow.

Do you have any idea how terrifying and how much courage it takes to leave an abusive partner? Not know where your next meal will come from and being constantly terrified that the perpetrator will find you and harm you? Having to sleep on friends couches and rely on hand outs? And managing to care for two babies on top of that?

This poster has more courage than you can imagine. Please take your negativity elsewhere.

To the OP - I really dont have any relevant advice, other than ignore people who cant spell the word "baby" correctly. Can you get in touch with women's defense lawyer who may be able to work for free or on a sliding scale.
Oh Hun! Many of us here survived abusive relationships. Many of us here have struggled to rebuild a life after being abused; and yes, that includes some male posters. Please, please, please---take your sanctimonious self somewhere else.

OP doesn't see that her STBX is still manipulating her and abusing her. She hasn't had enough of the abuse quite yet....Until the OP gets a little backbone and tells the STBX "you made your decisions, now you need to face the consequences", the STBX will continue the same pattern of behavior with the OP and Lord only knows who else! And until the OP can stand up for and take care of herself, there is no way she is going to be able to stand up for and take care of the children. As long as OP ALLOWS the STBX to manipulate things, then the children are at risk.

Seriously---get on your high horse and ride on down the road. Too many of us here are DV survivors--in fact some of us have stories of abuse that could curl your hair.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Your X may land up going no further once they start doing FEDERAL background checks. It WILL pick up the arrest and pending charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">