• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Manager is verbally abusive

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Thebmwauthority

Unfiltered manager is known to be verbally assaultive to all. Hides it from senior management. Been going on for past two years.

Told me when I asked him to assist the following:

“just go home and kill yourself”
“I’ll get the shovels”
“I’ll even dig the hole”

Not the first time he said this.

Also, belittles me and other staff members to no end. Whether it is religious, physical, or performance remarks he is constantly commenting.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

What is my recourse as I like and enjoy my job?

adjusterjack

Record him and sent the tape to senior management anonymously.

But first tell us your state (like you were asked when you registered, but ignored) so we can tell you if it's legal.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
We have great freedom in this country to be a jerk. By all means talk to HR about it, but if HR refuses to take action there's no recourse for you in the law.

commentator

What your choice is, after working for him for two years of this, is to either let his stupid comments upset you or not. If he is physically abusive, press charges. Otherwise, you do not have to respond. If you want to stir things up, do record him, file a complaint with HR, and do not be surprised if they do absolutely nothing. His management technique is successful if you are doing your job. There is no law that requires a manager speak to you respectfully or be "nice" to you. Laugh at him. Or tell him you don't appreciate what he's saying. What's he going to do, fire you? No, he's bullying you verbally, but you are an adult with a choice in the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">