• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MARRIAGE / IMMIGRATION FRAUD: Using fresh evidence for stale fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Yeah, hers. But it's not a mental illness. Hold on a sec, lemme get a link. http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199401/charming-psychopath

And it's complicated by bipolarity. And not everyday bipolarity, 0.4% of those on SSRIs are bipolars and shouldn't take 'em, because it removes concern for consequences, removes inhibitions, and nukes any moral considerations. It throws 'em up on the manic edge and nails 'em there.

You ever looked into the SSRI killings? Everyone says, gee, I'd never have guessed, he seemed so cheerful, so energetic. Yeah.

There is definitely a narcissistic cast to it. Face is all-important. Making someone like that FEEL cornered is a bad idea.
Actually I was asking YOU if you suffer from an illness. As YOU are not, per your comments, a doctor ...How can you Dx your wife or STBX?? :confused:

LdiJ

Yeah, it's weird. You know the Filipino law on dual citizenship? That required oath is almost a repudiation of US citizenship. I remember she was looking into it and trying to get friends interested. This is a bad deal. Well, for one thing, it says all children of a Filipino are automatically dual citizens. And they're not signatory to that international treaty calling breaking custody orders kidnapping. They dismiss it as a civil matter. I mean it's totally uncool, nothing like the Israeli law that automatically makes Jews arriving citizens. There is no question of repudiation there. Anyway, remember that Mexican guy who voted in a town election down there, that dual citizen? I can just imagine him having a beer with some friends, going down to the polls, sounds like fun, bam, his US citizenship was toast. The basis is availing yourself of any privilege available only to a citizen of the other country. Well she wanted land titled to her there. That falls under that category. i don't know that she hasn't done it; I paid for every hospital stay, a bachelor's, two houses, monthly stipend, two half-associate's degrees, several training courses, board exams, vehicles, all. And still she sent $40000+ over there. That would be a disaster waiting to happen. A naturalized citizen's citizenship is a fragile creature. But I only wanted that aspect relating to marriage addressed. Nothing to do with all that. Just wanted it limited. You might think it's unimportant for me to want to save her face in the courtroom before her buds. If so, what can I say.
Re the bolded...many US citizens own real estate in other countries. In no way does owning real estate in another country effect your citizenship, even if the citizenship was obtained by naturalization.

Many US citizens send money to families abroad, again, in no way does that effect someone's citizenship.

A naturalized citizen's citizenship is NOT a fragile creature...at least not in the ways you are seeming to imply. Once again you are not going to get what you want. You are tilting a windmills and making a fool of yourself in the process.

Proserpina

Re the bolded...many US citizens own real estate in other countries. In no way does owning real estate in another country effect your citizenship, even if the citizenship was obtained by naturalization.

Many US citizens send money to families abroad, again, in no way does that effect someone's citizenship.

A naturalized citizen's citizenship is NOT a fragile creature...at least not in the ways you are seeming to imply. Once again you are not going to get what you want. You are tilting a windmills and making a fool of yourself in the process.

Indeed.

It is, actually, incredibly difficult to revoke citizenship. It is very very rarely done.

OHRoadwarrior

Yeah, it's weird. You know the Filipino law on dual citizenship? That required oath is almost a repudiation of US citizenship. I remember she was looking into it and trying to get friends interested. This is a bad deal. Well, for one thing, it says all children of a Filipino are automatically dual citizens. And they're not signatory to that international treaty calling breaking custody orders kidnapping. They dismiss it as a civil matter. I mean it's totally uncool, nothing like the Israeli law that automatically makes Jews arriving citizens. There is no question of repudiation there. Anyway, remember that Mexican guy who voted in a town election down there, that dual citizen? I can just imagine him having a beer with some friends, going down to the polls, sounds like fun, bam, his US citizenship was toast. The basis is availing yourself of any privilege available only to a citizen of the other country. Well she wanted land titled to her there. That falls under that category. i don't know that she hasn't done it; I paid for every hospital stay, a bachelor's, two houses, monthly stipend, two half-associate's degrees, several training courses, board exams, vehicles, all. And still she sent $40000+ over there. That would be a disaster waiting to happen. A naturalized citizen's citizenship is a fragile creature. But I only wanted that aspect relating to marriage addressed. Nothing to do with all that. Just wanted it limited. You might think it's unimportant for me to want to save her face in the courtroom before her buds. If so, what can I say.
I hope she was good enough in**************.... the house upkeep, to justify it..

Oy!

Lets make sure I understand exactly what is going on. You married this woman in 1997, had children with her, and now in 2013, 16 years later, want to try to prove that she did not enter the marriage to actually BE married?

I don't care what kind of evidence you have. After 16 years AND children, you are not going to get anywhere with that.
Right, that's what I thought. What I asked to do was make no argument about property issues, just let the evidence speak for itself. I was told I was going to have to argue something about property because it gets dealt with first. I said I thought nothing was decided until the final decree was written. I was told I was wrong (but not why; I gathered it was too difficult to explain).

Oy!

Actually I was asking YOU if you suffer from an illness. As YOU are not, per your comments, a doctor ...How can you Dx your wife or STBX?? :confused:
This is an informal help thread, not a court, right? So it's not a Dx, it's a description. There are actually very few who are qualified, although doctors are presumed qualified to Dx anything. There were, last time I looked, 2 training sessions given a year in PCL-R, one here and one in Europe (majorly poor reflection on the state of many of our institutions). However, the PCL-R is simple and unambiguous and is used daily by prison intake.

Oy!

I'd rather be a fool than chance seeing her deported. The money together with her interest in dual citizenship worried me. And yeah, according to THEIR law, only a citizen can hold title to RE.

sandyclaus

So, at this point, you DO realize that it's a waste of time to try to keep this woman from getting a part of your military retirement benefits, or to get her deported, right?

That would mean any further discussion of the matter would simply be idle chatter. There really is no more to say about the matter, as there's nothing you can do about it now.

Oy!

So, at this point, you DO realize that it's a waste of time to try to keep this woman from getting a part of your military retirement benefits, or to get her deported, right?

That would mean any further discussion of the matter would simply be idle chatter. There really is no more to say about the matter, as there's nothing you can do about it now.
I was assured by an ICE source if I went this route, her naturalization wouldn't be jeopardized.

sandyclaus

I was assured by an ICE source if I went this route, her naturalization wouldn't be jeopardized.
Yes. We ALL understood this.

What are you trying to accomplish now? You've already been told that your marriage of 16 years will unlikely be considered fraudulent at this point, and that she will be entitled to a share of your military retirement benefits.

You can continue to rant about how patently unfair it all is, but there's not a thing you can do to change it now.

So why are we still discussing this at all?

Oy!

Yes. We ALL understood this.

What are you trying to accomplish now? You've already been told that your marriage of 16 years will unlikely be considered fraudulent at this point, and that she will be entitled to a share of your military retirement benefits.

You can continue to rant about how patently unfair it all is, but there's not a thing you can do to change it now.

So why are we still discussing this at all?
Hi, thanks for reminding me about this. Yup, I took everyone's advice and went straight down the middle. Just the straight facts, all of them. It worked and it sucks, she's falling to pieces and the kids are watching as it all goes down.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">