• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marriage to a German

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lil96

What is the name of your state? I am from VA, but I live in Germany and I am marrying a German. I was wondering what is the best or easiest way to get a Visa for a german coming into America. We currently live in GErmany, he has a job offer in America. Should we get a fiancee visa, and get married in America (does that give him any more right to be in America? I have heard that it is easier to get a visa when you actually marry in America and not abroad)? Should we try for a normal spousal visa? Should he try for a work visa, which might be difficult because he would have to prove he has no intention to stay in America? and he had a work visa less than 2 years ago to be there. Does anyone know anything about this stuff? I have been trying to go to the consulate, but it is only open from 8-11 am or I can sit on hold for 3 hours and pay $5/minute! This stuff drives me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

lil96

yea I checked online and all it offers is the documents and steps to go about doing each one, nothing like a specific question answer thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">