• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debbie7750

I have a friend whose fiance is in prison in New York State. He is being paroled in June and wants to move to Florida immediately (where she lives). They have a child together but were never married. She was told by the parole board that the only way for him to be able to go to florida asap was if they were married. But were told that if they got married in NY as soon as she gets out that the parole board would turn down his transfer. She was also told that they would have to be married while he was still in prison and it takes at least 6 months to do so.

any help would be great. I was facing almost the same problem but fortunately it didn't come to this. But my friend is in a pickle and can't figure out what to do?
thanks Deb

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

debbie7750 said:
I have a friend whose fiance is in prison in New York State. He is being paroled in June and wants to move to Florida immediately (where she lives). They have a child together but were never married. She was told by the parole board that the only way for him to be able to go to florida asap was if they were married. But were told that if they got married in NY as soon as she gets out that the parole board would turn down his transfer. She was also told that they would have to be married while he was still in prison and it takes at least 6 months to do so.

any help would be great. I was facing almost the same problem but fortunately it didn't come to this. But my friend is in a pickle and can't figure out what to do?
thanks Deb
My response:

This question and scenario is more about Criminal Law and Procedure, rather than Family Law. Please post this on the Criminal Law board.

Thanks,

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">