• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mechanic has our truck for 12 months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SkyMaster

Well...now it's as clear as mud. I guess the OP is no longer interested in this thread, so it really doesn't matter.
No I am sorry. I checked the thread Sunday, and it looked like there were no posts. Then today I got an email with a partial reply post. Then I saw ALL of the replies.

I am still interested in any help anyone can give me about my problem.

zddoodah

No I am sorry. I checked the thread Sunday, and it looked like there were no posts. Then today I got an email with a partial reply post. Then I saw ALL of the replies.

There isn't much more anyone can tell you than what you've already been told.

LdiJ

The advice is still to go and get your truck and then sue him for the money. If he claims he already bought the part, demand that he give you the part.

SkyMaster

I gave him until Friday Close of Business (5:00 PM). I drove by and saw he closed at 4:30!

SO Saturday I got a tow truck to go get my truck. The mechanic told the tow truck driver that his lawyer said Not to release the truck! So the tow truck driver said he can't take our truck back without the cops. He told us to call the cops and ask for a Civil Standby. (I'll bet he doesn't even have a lawyer.)

The cops came, and the mechanic told the cops that he had 2 more weeks to work on our truck. So the cops told us, they need a Court Order; for us to get our own truck back from the mechanic! (Why didn't he tell the cops what his "lawyer" said? Probably cause it wasn't not true!)

SkyMaster

Have you ruled out getting a court order for the return of your truck?
No I have not ruled it out.
I can't believe I have to go to court, in one month, just to get my own truck back!

I was thinking of making one court case with both to get my truck back and to sue for "Loss of Use."
Is that a good idea?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">