• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medallion Signature Guarantee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imnezrider

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Is it illegal for a financial institution employee to read a document before completing the subject guarantee? I thought the only purpose for the process related to the verification of the person signing and the signature. Is there a privacy issue here?

Dandy Don

Why would you object to them reading it? Do a GOOGLE search using the phrase "Medallion Signature Guarantee" and educate yourself about the definitions and usages.

What is your exact specific concern about privacy being violated?

imnezrider

educate yourself about the definitions and usages.

What is your exact specific concern about privacy being violated?
I'm quite experienced at searching...thanks. This was a technical question which you apparently weren't able to answer. For your info, the bank employee refused to gaurantee the signature because she read something relating to "other documents" which had long since been returned to the brokerage firm. This had nothing to do with a signature guarantee.

imnezrider

I need factual, legal answer to my question before doing that. Obviously I can't get it here...all I get is questions. If you come up with something helpful, please feel free to respond.

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">