• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shari36

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have a question reguarding medical.. In my court order is states mother shall provide medical for child through the Oregon health plan. medical not covered by OHP shall be split 50/50. My son has not qualified for ohp for over a year based on my income and his stepfathers..Why is it that child support is based on My income and bios income But medical for child is based on stepfathers income and my income?? We are a fisherman family and do not have medical. It is considered self employed. The insurance plans we are looking into all run about 500.00 a month for a family of Two adults and two children.
Shari

BelizeBreeze

shari36 said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have a question reguarding medical.. In my court order is states mother shall provide medical for child through the Oregon health plan. medical not covered by OHP shall be split 50/50. My son has not qualified for ohp for over a year based on my income and his stepfathers..Why is it that child support is based on My income and bios income But medical for child is based on stepfathers income and my income?? We are a fisherman family and do not have medical. It is considered self employed. The insurance plans we are looking into all run about 500.00 a month for a family of Two adults and two children.
Shari
because that's how your leglislature decided it should be based.

And $500 a month for medical for a family in a dangerous profession is not all that out of line.

nextwife

Are there any religious/fraternal/trade groups through which you could buy insurance under a group plan? This might at least help reduce your cost. When I was self emplyed, there were three different oganizations that offered group plans to emebers.

shari36

re

Nextwife
Im not sure about available group plans, I will look into it right away.. I do not think 500.00 is out of line. these plans have a set limit on how many times you may go to the Doctors. As you know with children they get sick or injured whenever not just a certain amount of time per year lol. Thank you for reply.
Shari

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">