• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medicare open enrolement quick question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DisabledGeek89

What is the name of your state? Virginia

If I have not applied for open enrollment in a new plan do I just keep my old one by default?

zddoodah

What did the benefits person with your employer tell you when you asked that question?

With my employer, sometimes we can do nothing and keep the same coverage, and other times we have to select the coverages affirmatively.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A quick web searched yields the following: https://www.healthcare.gov/keep-or-change-plan/automatically-enrolled/

"If you don't log in to update your application and enroll in a plan by December 15, 2021, you may be automatically enrolled in a 2022 plan. Automatic enrollment is a good fallback. But the best way to make sure you have a 2022 plan that works for you, with the savings you qualify for, is to log in, update your application, and view all your plan options for 2022"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">