• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan -4 tickets including MIP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Swav107

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Ok I have been preached to enough...I know I messed up and I am changing.

Last march, I was arrested on 4 different charges from and MIP to possession of marijuana. I went to court and all of the charges were dropped besides my possession one. I was 16.

Now I am 17.
Last sunday I was involved in a single car accident involving no one other by myself. I went to the police station the next morning and the officer said I was not under arrest but she was going to ask me some questions...now I realize I should have said no or requested a laywer. I admitted that I did in fact go to the hospital in the morning just to see if I was ok and I admitted I was out past my driving curfew (even though I would have made it home on time if I didn't crash)

She wrote me 4 tickets: Minor in possession of alcohol, Failure to report an accident with an injury, Driving past curfew and a careless driving.

All of the tickets besides the careless are misdemeanors so I will be going to court soon.

Here is what I plan to tell the judge or prosecutor (the truth)
I left my girlfriends house at 11:30 that night and crashed, but I don't remember waking up in my car until about 12:45 - 1:00 in the morning. There was no injury and I was not drinking that night but when I got home I was so worked up I took a few shots to get to sleep.

What are my chances of getting anything dropped?

outonbail

Here is what I plan to tell the judge or prosecutor (the truth)
I left my girlfriends house at 11:30 that night and crashed, but I don't remember waking up in my car until about 12:45 - 1:00 in the morning. There was no injury and I was not drinking that night but when I got home I was so worked up I took a few shots to get to sleep.

What are my chances of getting anything dropped?
ROFLMAO, you're kidding right?

How is it you were able to sleep in the drivers seat of you're car, after crashing, but when you got home and in you're nice fluffy bed, it required a "few" shots to get back to sleep?

Swav107

umm because getting in a car accident where your life was almost lost is very traumatic and I was worked up. Also it doesn't help to have parents barking at you.

Just Blue

umm because getting in a car accident where your life was almost lost is very traumatic and I was worked up. Also it doesn't help to have parents barking at you.
IF my 17 year old was into the liquor cabinet shooting down the booze, I would "be barking" at him as well.... Hon, You need to get your butt to a AA meeting. Like yesterday!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">