• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Might charge me with assault, what do you think?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

Yeah you threw the first punch, but the fact of the matter is, these people weren't invited
Then calling the police would have been a good idea ... or even asking them to leave ... but popping one of them in the mouth was not a good idea and is considered battery in CA.

You wanted to keep the party fight free, no harm in that, and the guy obviously started the whole thing by disrespecting you.
Being disrespected is not a legal justification for battery.

I doubt that the police are going to waste a lot of time on a caper with conflicting stories, and it's doubtful it will get very far in court if it did.

- Carl

JETX

JASMIN54 said:
Everyone seems to be chewing your story to bits and pieces and ASSUMING you are trying to cover up your part in this fiasco. for all of you making these ASSUMPTIONS you should know that ASSUME
means You make an ASS out of U and ME!!! If any of you have ever paid attention in english class you would know this.
DUH!!!! Did you just figure that one out?? That little 'colloquialism' is older than you are.... and just about as idiotic.

Yeah you threw the first punch, but the fact of the matter is, these people weren't invited
Who says?? In this thread, we have one roommate who is making that claim, but clearly these 'interlopers' gained entry some way!! And if they were in fact uninvited, all the OP had to do was pick up the phone and call the police to have them removed. But no.... he decided to interject himself into a matter regarding his roommate and another!! Did you even READ the post??

(they may have heard about the gathering through Word of Mouth amongst other friends and just showed up)
And they could just as easily, or more so, been 'invited' by one of the roommates or someone else. Your entire 'house of cards' is based on information that we don't have.

Believe me its happened to me, with or without Roomates its happened to others.
And did you physically assault any of YOUR 'uninvited' guests??

You wanted to keep the party fight free
Are you brain-dead normally, or did you give up thinking for Lent?? How can you say that when this idiot admits to throwing the first punch??

and the guy obviously started the whole thing by disrespecting you.
Never mind on my previous question... you answered it here. Clearly you were born brain-dead!! Now you are saying that 'disrespecting someone' is justification for assault!!

Please, do the world a favor and get a vasectomy. Future society will benefit from your being removed from the gene-pool.

care716

Ok, look regardless of our opinions of this story it comes down to this...If you wind up in court there will be a lot of factors looked at, to late now for the things you should've done-I hope in the future you'll handle these situations differently(It sounds like you have a case of "beer balls" as we called it when I lived in Cali). Anyway they may look at priors depending on the judge, they will listen to witnesses(within reason) so hopefully on your side you have the back up. I would hate to be the judge in this case(can you say headache). I think the fact that he ALSO never went to the police during or since shows its mainly talk, heck he made a quick $80 bucks and got free beer too. ( Can you request Judge Judy? She'd have a blast with this case. )
Also invest in an answering machine quit taking his calls then you can have a record of his statements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">