• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military guy not keeping his word

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jbdhayes

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I had lent a guy in the Air Force $270 for a suit for his girlfriend's prom. He agreed that he would pay me back. I have the receipt. In October 2008, he said he would start sending me payments for the suit; however, never did.

Recently, I had drove half-way to Texas to give the same guy a dog. I did not agree to pay him anything for a dog that I was just giving him. Now, after only having the dog for a day they don't want her. I stayed for an hour and a half at the pick-up site for them to make sure that they wanted her. No issues were said until an hour after driving off with the animal.

Now they want the gas money back for driving half-way. The agreement was that I will drive half-way to give them the dog. I made no promises that the dog would like them, obey them, or fully house trained. I made no promises that she would be spayed. Basically, an "as is" deal. But they want their $62.82 back, which I don't plan on paying and I never agreed to pay.

If they were to sue me for the $62.82, I plan on countersuing for the $270. However, is there something I can currently do? Can I report him for misconduct or something? Does the actions of the wife reflect on the husband in Military Law?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">