• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military Legal Advice help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Therahl1

What is the name of your state (Ca). I have a question. If I made a written statement and realized how dumb it was now, what damage control can I do! I need help asap!!

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (Ca). I have a question. If I made a written statement and realized how dumb it was now, what damage control can I do! I need help asap!!

You haven't given us much to work with.

Were you truthful in your statement?

Therahl1

I was truthful. Its just the people who Im with who are my best friends didnt say anything and requested lawyers. I feel like an idiot and want to make sure I dont screw my friends over.

milmom

I was truthful. Its just the people who Im with who are my best friends didnt say anything and requested lawyers. I feel like an idiot and want to make sure I dont screw my friends over.
Still not much info. Who has the written statement now?

Proserpina

Without more details, I'm going to say that no...you can't change your mind just because you're worried about your friends.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Sounds like a ST:TNG plot. :cool:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_First_Duty

Therahl1

The military investigators have it now. I was just wondering because im going to an attorney tomorrow I was just asking for advice on what to say to the attorney or the right questions. Can anything be done?

milmom

The military investigators have it now. I was just wondering because im going to an attorney tomorrow I was just asking for advice on what to say to the attorney or the right questions. Can anything be done?
You should be completely up front and honest with the attorney, they can't do anything for you if you don't tell them everything. If you have a copy of your statement you should bring it to them as well.

Are you active duty? Why haven't you gone to the ADC for help? That's what they are there for...

Therahl1

Ahh I know. It was super dumb. I was being naive and seriously thought she had my interests. But again I'm meeting with my attorney tomorrow to square things away. i hate this feeeling! Thank you for listening and giving me advice.

Therahl1

I really should have. At the time I kind of just froze up because I've never been in this situation before. im going tomorrow so I wanted to get some info beforehand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">