• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

millionaire's missing assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beekrock

I am the residual beneficiary in the will of a deceased whose assets have not all been accounted for. His Power of Attorney did nothing to try to find out where the money is. When he died, the deceased was declared to have $400,000 in stocks/investments and a single checking account with $4,000 in it. The deceased's other accounted-for property included only a one-story shack of a house and a beat up 1977 Lincoln Continental. The deceased was an orthapaedic surgeon for over 40 years and has approximately $2-5 million in missing assets. Needless to say, I am doing everything in my power to find this money since it all goes to me.

I have done a thorough escheat search and found about $65,000 so far. What I am looking for now are any missing bank accounts, real estate, safe deposit boxes, etc. Are there any services out there that provide an exhaustive asset search? Any information that anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">