• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor dating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morehead6900

OK i came here for advice, not to be criticized and judged. If caring for someone and wanting the best for them is such a crime i should be locked away for a long time.

tonjampa2005

Just hang in there man , you dont have that long to go , if you guys really love each other , then it shouldnt be a problem . I wouldnt pay to much attention to alot of other peoples shortsightedness. They like to judge before they know the full story . Its human nature , especially on the net .

You Are Guilty said:
The CHILD has no options. The parents, on the other hand, can have you arrested for a variety of different laws, including harassment if you keep calling.
If you value NOT being a registered sex offender, I suggest you find yourself a nice retarded girl your own age, (and be glad that isn't my daughter you're sneaking around with. We're not nearly as nice as the dad in your story here).
The age of consent is 16 in Indiana. So your sex offender point is way off base.

But he could get nailed for harassment-type charges, maybe a protective order (which in Indiana is a civil matter), etc. He needs to be extremely careful while she's living at home with her parents.

And he should also be advised of the old saying that "Blood is thicker than water." He should be aware that if push comes to shove, the daughter most likely will help her father, not him, when it comes to any type of legal action against him. I know he won't believe it, but almost certainly it's true.

16 is awful young for a 21 year old to be dating. A five year difference at those ages is enormous.

morehead6900 said:
OK i came here for advice, not to be criticized and judged. If caring for someone and wanting the best for them is such a crime i should be locked away for a long time.
No offense, but maybe it's your name.

You Are Guilty

Rhubarb297 said:
The age of consent is 16 in Indiana. So your sex offender point is way off base.
Bah, it was used under my literary license to make a point. I have this thing about perverts who date the underage/overly young. (Unlike Michael Jackson, I'm against it :D ).

You Are Guilty said:
Bah, it was used under my literary license to make a point. I have this thing about perverts who date the underage/overly young. (Unlike Michael Jackson, I'm against it :D ).
It is creepy what he's doing. The difference in the power in a 16-21 (or is he the one 25?) year old relationship is enormous. The 16 year old will always get used.

Unfortunately, I doubt what he's doing is illegal.

CdwJava

Rhubarb297 said:
It is creepy what he's doing. The difference in the power in a 16-21 (or is he the one 25?) year old relationship is enormous. The 16 year old will always get used.

Unfortunately, I doubt what he's doing is illegal.
It's likely illegal if he's helping her become unruly and out of her parents' control. Parents still have the legal and moral responsibility for their children, and all states have laws protecting that relationship to varying degrees.

- Carl

akcobra4u

Be Real

Alaska

Be real man, the LAW states clearly what you can or can not do with that child. No rationalize. Do yourself and the girl a favor by letting her go. Just think you will be sitting in jail piss, “saying you wish you would have.” The respectful, mature thing to do is treat her, her family and you, with respect and let it go. If there is any charges file for whatever, harassment, rape, etc.., your life is stain. Is it worth it to everyone involved. A real man will let it go. If it is true love it will happen. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">