• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP and Open Container Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stratogod

What is the name of your state? MISSOURI

First off, I"m glad I found these forums, they seem very helpful on legal advice.

Anyways, I was arrested 11-20 for MIP of alcohol and open containor on a public side-walk.

These are both my first offenses AFTER 17, (which to my understanding everything before then is 'erased'). I am 20 years old now.

My court date is 12-20, and I was basically wondering what to expect? I'm going to plead guilty on both charges and hope for a small fee... what is the average fine for both of these charges in this state? Should I get a lawyer?

Also, do I have to file for a SR-22 after this and get higher insurance? I'm not too familiar with the criteria for it, so any help would be nice. Everyone I have talked to says not to worry about my insurance rates.

Thanks in advance for your help, looking forward to responses.

S

seniorjudge

You will probably get a fine.

On the insurance questions, go to your local tag agency and ask them.

Call the Department of Revenue in Jeff City and ask them about how (if at all) this will affect your license.

Things have gotten stricter lately....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">