• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor (Larceny)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

Actually, I shop at Whole Paycheck and other stores with my reusable bags, but they don't get filled until checkout, except at the groceries in the area that allow you to scan the item as you take it off the shelf.

You Are Guilty

In the more PC areas of the country, you are encouraged to bring your own shopping bag(s). In my current locale, several cities now charge extra for giving you a paper bag for your groceries.

I think the prevailing custom is still to do the shopping with a cart or basket, and then give your bag to checkout guy/gal. But, I would think that some people would just bypass the cart or basket altogether. I will take a closer look at my fellow shoppers next time I hit Whole Foods.
If that is the case, considering the number of states where the act of "concealing" an item can be grounds for a shoplifting detention (or even conviction), the fact that we aren't seeing a huge amount of people asking this question leads me to suspect that the OP did something a bit more... nefarious.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">