• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MO - CS Abatement when visitation denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ambr

What is the name of your state? MO

I am just finding all kinds of neat little things in my research.

I have always been under the impression that visitation and child support were seperate issues and that one could not be with held for failure to provide the other. In a way that rings true, but in a way.....it doesn't.

Missouri Revised Statute Section 452.340.7 provides that a court may abate past or future obligation of child support if it finds that a parent has, without good cause, failed to provide visitation or physical or legal custody

Silverplum

And CO explicitly denies CS to a parent that runs off and hides the child from the other parent.

Still doesn't change the fact that paying CS does not = a right to parent one's child.

LdiJ

And CO explicitly denies CS to a parent that runs off and hides the child from the other parent.

Still doesn't change the fact that paying CS does not = a right to parent one's child.
I agree, it just means that in extreme cases of denial, a judge has the option to get "creative".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">