• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortage company will not let me make a payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? oregon
my husband is in jail on a misdameaner and our mortgage was due feb 20. i called the mortgage co to make the payment to get code to do western union. but i wanted them to know and i wanted the codes. the told me i couldn't make the payment because it is my husbands acct. I said all i want to do is pay the damm mortgage not get acct info. they said that is their policy.I am so ticked off we could lose our home because of them. i told the guy if we lost our home i was going to sue them. the name of the company is Carrington Mortgage co. help how can i resolve this :confused::mad: by the way we get paid on the first.

Last edited:

Ozark_Sophist

Resolving Complex Issues
As a partner in your financial success, Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC understands that not all customer service issues are the same. For particularly complex issues, we have a specially trained Customer Advocacy Group that will take care to resolve an issue that requires extra attention. Should you have a question, please contact us by phone or regular mail. Our mailing address is printed on the back of our monthly billing statements and is:

Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC
Attn: Customer Advocates
1610 E. St. Andrew Place
Suite B 150
Santa Ana, CA 92705
(866) 874-5017
This quote is from their website. Have your tried calling this number?

You may also need to obtain a financial power of attorney depending on how long your husband is in jail.

USPO??? You do have the acct. # don't you? Over night it? Better plan on making 2 paymts. because even if he was released and hand carried it in they STILL don't have to accept less than the amt. to bring it current and the late charges. Also...how do you figure it is due the 20th? Do you figure in the grace period as the due date? YEP...better plan on ONLY sending in 2 paymts. and by over night mail.

They are absolutely correct to not give you HIS acct. info. Sorry. There are privacy laws in place.

I said all i want to do is pay the damm mortgage not get acct info.
They are absolutely correct to not give you HIS acct. info. Sorry. There are privacy laws in place.
That's why she didn't ask for acct info. Just my experience, but they're really hesitant to accept payments from people other than are on the mortgage. I think it's because they'll do anything they can to make it late. lol Silly as that sounds. I currently pay my mom's every month with a personal check, or one from my business. Our last names aren't even the same. However, it took a month or two and a bunch of phone calls for them to accept the payments.

That's why she didn't ask for acct info. Just my experience, but they're really hesitant to accept payments from people other than are on the mortgage. I think it's because they'll do anything they can to make it late. lol Silly as that sounds. I currently pay my mom's every month with a personal check, or one from my business. Our last names aren't even the same. However, it took a month or two and a bunch of phone calls for them to accept the payments.
Quote: I think it's because they'll do anything they can to make it late.

This is NOT the case. I hear this a lot though. "they just want to take my house"...I PROMISE they do not.

They cannot give out info. on someone elses acct. THAT'S ALL. Just mail the darn check already...:rolleyes:

USPO??? You do have the acct. # don't you? Over night it? Better plan on making 2 paymts. because even if he was released and hand carried it in they STILL don't have to accept less than the amt. to bring it current and the late charges. Also...how do you figure it is due the 20th? Do you figure in the grace period as the due date? YEP...better plan on ONLY sending in 2 paymts. and by over night mail.

excuse me I have the account info. I verified the info and all I asked was the damm city code for western union. our account is current. the 20th excuse this is my husband i am talking about no someone accross town. jeeze how can you be be stupid and if they won't take one payment what the hell makes you think they would take 2

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">