• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother constantly threatening me with court as a way of stripping me of time with my

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I filed a petition for custody and visitation on 8/25 and she in turn filed a petition on 08/26. On the petition that she filed it states that an acknowledgment of paternity was signed at birth. I do not have custody orders but we have both served each other with custody and visitation papers and have a court date in October ... sorry for the confusion
Go hire counsel. You need it. Because quite frankly, if she has an attorney, you are done. I tried to help educate you and you became insulting and ridiculous because reality doesn't jive with your fantasy of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Go hire counsel. You need it. Because quite frankly, if she has an attorney, you are done. I tried to help educate you and you became insulting and ridiculous because reality doesn't jive with your fantasy of the world.
Help educate? You've been condescending, belligerent and critical of everything I've said before even getting all the facts. I have not even been acknowledging what you post. It's clear to me that you have one vision of what a unwed father can possibly be, a deadbeat. You keep dismissing everything I say and just keep saying I have no rights.

"After the entry of an acknowledgment of paternity or an order of filiation or paternity, the father acquires the following rights and duties:All the parental rights and duties of the father of a marital child, including the obligation to support to age 21 or sooner emancipation; the right to refuse a requested adoption of the child or block foster care placement; the right to share in custody of the child (absent a contrary court order), and the right to request court ordered visitation. His consent will usually be required for the child to leave the country. Absent a court order for sole custody, each parent now has the authority to consent to medical care and participate in decisions regarding education and other critical areas affecting the child's welfare".

Being that paternity was established at birth and you jumped to conclusions prior to knowing that information would you care to back track a little bit? Clearly with no visitation order theres nothing enforceable on paper but I having zero rights and never seeing my child again are a bit of a stretch ..... or am I wrong?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Help educate? You've been condescending, belligerent and critical of everything I've said before even getting all the facts. I have not even been acknowledging what you post. It's clear to me that you have one vision of what a unwed father can possibly be, a deadbeat. You keep dismissing everything I say and just keep saying I have no rights.

"After the entry of an acknowledgment of paternity or an order of filiation or paternity, the father acquires the following rights and duties:All the parental rights and duties of the father of a marital child, including the obligation to support to age 21 or sooner emancipation; the right to refuse a requested adoption of the child or block foster care placement; the right to share in custody of the child (absent a contrary court order), and the right to request court ordered visitation. His consent will usually be required for the child to leave the country. Absent a court order for sole custody, each parent now has the authority to consent to medical care and participate in decisions regarding education and other critical areas affecting the child's welfare".

Being that paternity was established at birth and you jumped to conclusions prior to knowing that information would you care to back track a little bit? Clearly with no visitation order theres nothing enforceable on paper but I having zero rights and never seeing my child again are a bit of a stretch ..... or am I wrong?
You're wrong. But, do, carry on. :cool:

You're wrong. But, do, carry on. :cool:

What is that intended to mean kind sir?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Great - you can copy and paste (unattributed) information.

Now, how do you expect to enforce your right to share in custody? Yep! Through COURT ORDERS. Until such time as there are court orders, mom doesn't have to allow squat.

Last edited:

Silverplum

What is that intended to mean kind sir?
It means you cribbed from this site: http://www.lawny.org/index.php/advocate-page-attorney-resources-119/38-public-advocate-information/171-paternity-for-advocates. And you didn't even bother to acknowledge their work.

That page also states, "This article supplies general information designed to educate the public about this subject. Laws affecting this subject may have changed since this flier was written. For specific legal advice about a problem you are having, get the advice of a lawyer."

It also means you don't understand what you read. For the whole 3 pages of your thread, you've been given accurate legal advice. Each time you argue or ignore it.

Go hire an attorney.

It means you cribbed from this site: http://www.lawny.org/index.php/advocate-page-attorney-resources-119/38-public-advocate-information/171-paternity-for-advocates. And you didn't even bother to acknowledge their work.

That page also states, "This article supplies general information designed to educate the public about this subject. Laws affecting this subject may have changed since this flier was written. For specific legal advice about a problem you are having, get the advice of a lawyer."

It also means you don't understand what you read. For the whole 3 pages of your thread, you've been given accurate legal advice. Each time you argue or ignore it.

Go hire an attorney.
Im not ignoring you guys im just trying to get a full understanding of what you are saying. I understand its general information but am I to deduce that I am legally entitled to shared custody so long as I go to court and have custody and visitation orders drawn up. From what I've gathered I have had that right all along but no way of forcing mom to acknowledge my rights by staying out of court. I am not undermining your expertise, just asking follow up questions and you guys seem to get so offended. I absolutely plan on hiring counsel however I am doing my "research" so I don't go into a lawyers office blind ......

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Im not ignoring you guys im just trying to get a full understanding of what you are saying. I understand its general information but am I to deduce that I am legally entitled to shared custody so long as I go to court and have custody and visitation orders drawn up. From what I've gathered I have had that right all along but no way of forcing mom to acknowledge my rights by staying out of court. I am not undermining your expertise, just asking follow up questions and you guys seem to get so offended. I absolutely plan on hiring counsel however I am doing my "research" so I don't go into a lawyers office blind ......
You have the right to seek custody & visitation orders.

Silverplum

Stop typing.

START READING.

ALL of the information is THERE. It has been since page 1 of your thread. And you've been RUDE.

:)rolleyes:)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

You are wrong and you have been rude and insulting to me. Try to deny it. You attacked me the first time I responded to you. And then you went from there. You have NO ENFORCEABLE rights. That is a fact. You have no clue what I think of unwed fathers. Never have I said that because someone is an unwed father they are a deadbeat. I dismiss what you say in trying to tell you the FACTS and the truth. You instead became rude and insulting. You told me I know nothing about the court system. I know a whole heck of a lot more than your ignorant self. I explained facts in order to educate you so you would be less ignorant. You then started with personal insults. So quite frankly, I think you are someone of very low character but high ignorance who wants to continue with ignorance and thus that makes you stupid.

Carry on.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You have the right to seek custody & visitation orders.
Which shall we recap? I said this in my first post:

If you don't have court orders for custody and visitation, THAT is the only course of action. Why wouldn't you pursue that as a reasonable, rational, mature adult?
I gave him the benefit of being reasonable, rational and mature. That was my mistake.

He responded with:

Well the courts are not exactly known as a pro father environment and my recollections in court rooms with lawyers as a child is not something I am in a rush to pass on to my daughter.
I responded with:
A) Courts are NOT pro anyone but the child. But continue with that attitude and you will find yourself being proven correct;
B) Only an idiot takes their child to court or around lawyers -- the child should NOT be involved in a court room;
C) You really need to educate yourself;
D) Apparently the woman you impregnated isn't pro father either and you have no rights.
E) Carry on with this then.
And then the insults started:
A) Clearly you've been living under a rock, there is evidence galore that shows mothers are routinely favored in custody cases and that only recently has the trend begun to change;
B) Only a court appointed lawyer for your children can have your child come in and be spoken to as was the case in my circumstance, every case is different and assuming the latter is rather ignorant;
C) You really need to educate yourself;
D) What she thinks is irrelevant and most likely why the emotions of a woman are not just cause to deny a father visitation in the eyes of the mighty impartial court;
Oh and the above is after Mother edited.

And then there is this gem:
In one breath you say the courts consider what is in the best interest of a child and in the next you say a father has no rights. Clearly you're assuming I'm a dead beat and have never set foot in a court, I mean I probably don't even know if thats my kid right LOL? I wonder what your case record is ... is that public record? Regardless the mother can do and say whatever she likes without court orders but when she has to explain how her actions are consistent with best interest she'll be hard pressed. Even in the worst case scenario when she has to be held accountable for her actions I'd end up with every other weekend and some mid week visits, no mother will ever completely erase a willing father from their child's life with the courts consent. If you're a lawyer you're probably not a very good one and if you are show me some proof, let me see some numbers Clown College grad
I then told him my education and such. And what do I get? OH yeah, told that certain people don't kneel at my alter. Guess what? Apparently, it is fine if I am insulted, criticized and jumped but if I defend myself I am in the wrong. Got it.

And yet, I still tried to educate this guy. So why am I in the wrong for defending myself? Why am I in the wrong for continuing to try to help OP out of his ignorance? Apparently because I am easy to jump on by whoever is having a bad day. Got it.

Last edited:
Which shall we recap? I said this in my first post:

I gave him the benefit of being reasonable, rational and mature. That was my mistake.

He responded with:

I responded with:

And then the insults started:

Oh and the above is after Mother edited.

And then there is this gem:

I then told him my education and such. And what do I get? OH yeah, told that certain people don't kneel at my alter. Guess what? Apparently, it is fine if I am insulted, criticized and jumped but if I defend myself I am in the wrong. Got it.

And yet, I still tried to educate this guy. So why am I in the wrong for defending myself? Why am I in the wrong for continuing to try to help OP out of his ignorance? Apparently because I am easy to jump on by whoever is having a bad day. Got it.
I guess you can throw jabs but not take them back. You can insinuate that someone lacks intelligence and question their character but the same can not be said to a person who rudely and systematically tries to dismiss all concerns before taking into account all the facts. I never took any personal shots at you just questioned your ability to be successful based the people skills and professionalism you displayed. All and all I thank you for your input and look forward to my day in court.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I guess you can throw jabs but not take them back. You can insinuate that someone lacks intelligence and question their character but the same can not be said to a person who rudely and systematically tries to dismiss all concerns before taking into account all the facts. I never took any personal shots at you just questioned your ability to be successful based the people skills and professionalism you displayed. All and all I thank you for your input and look forward to my day in court.
Oh I was not rude until you were. Quite frankly, you have shown you are an immature child. No where did I say you were a deadbeat or didn't deserve time with your child. No where did I state anything about you except you needed to learn the law -- because courts are NOT pro-mother. That is a misconception based on ignorance of the law and how it is applied. You then did take potshots. If you behave that way in court, expect supervised visitation.

Just Blue

So go hire an attorney rather than insult an attorney trying to help you for FREE. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">