• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother of child still married. Can I relinquish parental rights for best interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I wouldn't give the mother a free pass though, either. She knowingly cheated on her husband with a married man. Bad enough to cheat, but why make it into even more of a mess by not using birth control?!
1: Mom's not here.
2: Mom's not here asking how to relinquish parental rights in order to avoid having to support the child she participated in creating.

Just Blue

Pinky

If "mom" was posting I would likely be harsh to her as well. But she is not here. Only "dad'.

I just feel sad for the child. All the "adults" in this mess are...horrid. IMHO:mad:

Proserpina

I dunno folks.

OP does't "want" the child.

Mom's husband (I excluded Mom for a reason) is fine raising the child.

The child is probably going to be far better off being where he is actually wanted.

Just Blue

I dunno folks.

The child is probably going to be far better off being where he is actually wanted.
"We" don't really know that. All "we" know is what the selfserving dirtbag is posting.

And yes. I know I am being "mean".

;)

Pinkie39

I dunno folks.

And, unless there was a DNA test done (didn't see one mentioned, unless I missed it), how is the OP even certain this is his child?

Pinkie39

Pinky

If "mom" was posting I would likely be harsh to her as well. But she is not here. Only "dad'.

I just feel sad for the child. All the "adults" in this mess are...horrid. IMHO:mad:
Ok, fair enough.

But I don't blame the OP's wife and the mistress's husband. I doubt very much either of them wanted to be cheated on or are ok with it, They're likely both shocked, devastated and hurt, assuming they know everything.

The stepfather might not have found out about the affair until after the child was born and he already fell in love with the child. Or maybe he still doesn't even know about the affair at all. He could even know but be in denial about the possibility of the child not being his.

And the stepmother might not have known a thing about the affair until she got that email from the mistress. Maybe she's in denial too.

I put all the blame on OP and the mistress.

And yes, poor kid!

Last edited:

Sam H

Ok, fair enough.

But I don't blame the OP's wife and the mistress's husband. I doubt very much either of them wanted to be cheated on or are ok with it, They're likely both shocked, devastated and hurt, assuming they know everything.

The stepfather might not have found out about the affair until after the child was born and he already fell in love with the child. Or maybe he still doesn't even know about the affair at all. He could even know but be in denial about the possibility of the child not being his.

And the stepmother might not have known a thing about the affair until she got that email from the mistress. Maybe she's in denial too.

I put all the blame on OP and the mistress.

And yes, poor kid!
Let me clear this up a little so some of you folks can see what's going on. Child support would have never came up if I would have continued the relationship but I said no and she threatened to tell so I told her so be it and I blocked her from facebook, cellphone, and my email. So she tells wife in May 2014 and I guess she thought her husband wasn't going to find out. Wrong!! I don't know how he felt about it but my wife has given me enough you know what for an eternity and I don't blame her. She has every right to feel the way she does. Wife and I are working through it. Now the child was born February 2014 and she let husband sign birth certificate knowing it wasn't his. Wife and I had told her several times to get paternity test done why she waited until October 2014 is beyond me but child is mine. Here is why I asked question about circumstance to relinquish paternity rights not child support. The child's mom has followed me around at work and has started to show up at our church and neither me or my wife playing that game and I had to actually call HR on her on my job to keep her away from me and sheriff office said they couldn't do anything about her coming to our church. So since husband loves child like his own per the mother I was trying to see are there any grounds for me to see if they can be relinquished so this harassment can cease before it gets out of hand.

Just Blue

Let me clear this up a little so some of you folks can see what's going on. Child support would have never came up if I would have continued the relationship but I said no and she threatened to tell so I told her so be it and I blocked her from facebook, cellphone, and my email. So she tells wife in May 2014 and I guess she thought her husband wasn't going to find out. Wrong!! I don't know how he felt about it but my wife has given me enough you know what for an eternity and I don't blame her. She has every right to feel the way she does. Wife and I are working through it. Now the child was born February 2014 and she let husband sign birth certificate knowing it wasn't his. Wife and I had told her several times to get paternity test done why she waited until October 2014 is beyond me but child is mine. Here is why I asked question about circumstance to relinquish paternity rights not child support. The child's mom has followed me around at work and has started to show up at our church and neither me or my wife playing that game and I had to actually call HR on her on my job to keep her away from me and sheriff office said they couldn't do anything about her coming to our church. So since husband loves child like his own per the mother I was trying to see are there any grounds for me to see if they can be relinquished so this harassment can cease before it gets out of hand.
You actually go to Church? Really? So you are not only a dirtbag but a religiously offensive one as well. Wow.

Proserpina

That's not harassment.

And you're really not going to like this part.

Mom & Dad can raise the child and you'll be paying child support to help them do so.

You could also request visitation though.

Sam H

You actually go to Church? Really? So you are not only a dirtbag but a religiously offensive one as well. Wow.
Yes I go to Church. Do you? If so do you know that God forgives? You still haven't given an explanation to what I asked all you've done is cast stones. Way to go kudos to you.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Hole you dug just got deeper.

SMH.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Husband didn't sign the birth certificate. Because he was married to mom, his name would automatically go on the birth certificate. Church is public property. All are welcome in church -- even your mistress. Depending on where you work, there may be nothing wrong with your mistress showing up there.

As for trying to say how good a person you are.... don't. Just don't.

Just Blue

Yes I go to Church. Do you? If so do you know that God forgives? You still haven't given an explanation to what I asked all you've done is cast stones. Way to go kudos to you.
You are forsaking your child. Per YOUR WORDS!! "Kudos" to you...:(

Proserpina

Be sure to remind the Court that only God can judge you for non-payment of child support.

(Anyone still want to pretend that the child won't be better off without him?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">