• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother of my child is giving her home drug testing!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Okay! That's a possible reason!

:rolleyes:

She's still a controlling paranoid psycho, regardless, imo. ;)
I know someone right now who is in the process of hair follicle testing a three year old. He comes back from every visit either extremely lethargic, or covered in cologne. The child's doctor recommended the testing.

I also know two other people who did it and the tests came back positive.

Therefore its not necessarily controlling or paranoid. There can be valid reasons to do it.

Halls

Yes...I agree with you!!!! I can't imagine giving my 4 year old a cup and telling him to fillerup....:(
Not defending the mother's actions, but I've had to do that with one of my boys at the doctor's office. He had to pee in a cup and I had to take him into the bathroom and hold the cup while he peed in it.

Just Blue

Not defending the mother's actions, but I've had to do that with one of my boys at the doctor's office. He had to pee in a cup and I had to take him into the bathroom and hold the cup while he peed in it.
For a drug test? :rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Sorry guys that I am just responding had a death in the family and was gone for a while...
Sorry to hear about htat.

but as far as the drug testing, the CP admitted it to the mediator, to me in writing and to the judge that she was drug testing her by having her pee in the cup and yes her excuse was because she taught that she was exposed to drugs but I have never been on drugs and have no criminal records so her excuse was bogus.

Doesn't matter what her reason is. She has a right to ask that her child be tested. YOU have a right to the test results however and if they are negative they bode well for you. If they are positive she has to prove that said positive results are DUE to the time spent with you.
Response to Ohiogal

The Courts have written it in the court order that this relocation to Texas was not in the best interest to our child but our daughter should not be removed from the mother because of the emotional bond.
Okay.

I have reported the with holding of visitation to the courts,
Have you filed a motion for contempt regarding withholding of visiation.
I have letters, phone records and so forth, not just my word but still nothing. They way that she gets away with the with holding is by doing things like sending letters to my old address or blaming things on her past attorney and the judge excepts these bogus lies.
Explain.

The mother has not abused my daughter physically that I know of but I do know that she not mentally stable and was abused herself by the mother who she and my daughter reside with
You would have to prove that said person was a danger to YOUR daughter.

The abuse was not reported to police but the CP use to come to my home and hide from her mother with marks on her. I know this is purly hear say because the CP could have been lying but it still worries me and when someone can lie and they the mediator the only reason I want to see my daughter is because I have taken her to small claims court and lost (which never happened) is not wrapped too tight.
What exactly does your visitation order state now?

4jazz

The court order says that I can visit with my daughter every third weekend (Saturday-Tuesday) and fathers day in Texas and two ten day visits in Summer and one ten day visit during Christmas in California.

I told the mother that I do not agree with the drug testing but if she felt the need then as long as she is going to a medical facility then that is fine. I have nothing to hide and i know if testing came back possitive then the mother would be the one that did it and I will have a hair folicle test done on me and my daughter. The problem that I have with the home drug testing is that it is not admissible in court so what is the point of her doing it? I know the test came out negative because I overheard the attorney but I still haven't gotten a copy of the test.

- For the witholding/interference of visitation, the mother has done things like relocate and not give me an address. I had to hire a P.I. to get the address and when the judge asked why was this the case, the mother stated that her attiorney had given me the address but the attorney's last letter stated that the only address she had was a po box.

Or she will call the police and interupt the visitation and the police say that they can't help because it is a civil matter and since the mother is the CP I had to return my daughter to her even though it was my time.

The judge has helped by adding specific times and locations for pick up and drop off. But she trys to do things like when she tried to get a restraining order against in the state of Texas keeping me seeing or speaking with our daughter, even though will live almost 2000 miles apart. Her reasoning was she was trying to transfer jurisdictions and she did not want me exercising California visitation.

Basically it has been a long 3 years and I just hope that she will get tired of trying to hurt me through our daughter. I am not saying that she is the only one at fault for this situation and I know that in her eyes I have not been perfect in the situation and may not have done everything right but man this is rediculous.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">