• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion For Continuance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunnyin_fl

What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband is having his current attorney withdraw from our case. Our attorney and my husband have signed the stipulation to withdraw but it has yet to be finalized in the court. I understand there is a short process to that.

In the meantime, we are going Pro-Se...for just a short time. However, before we knew it, out attorney had agreed to set a final hearing with the other attorney. We would like a short continuance, no more than 30 days.

Reasoning, one mom hasn't complied with all her financials...no follow up was done, mediation was not set and mediation is required per pre-trial catalogue, and two my husband is pro se for at least the next 20 days and he will have to get the new attorney up to speed...which only leaves 45 days and depositions haven't been done.

Our current attorney really dropped the ball on a few very important things.

Are those good enough reasons to ask for a continuance?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband is having his current attorney withdraw from our case. Our attorney and my husband have signed the stipulation to withdraw but it has yet to be finalized in the court. I understand there is a short process to that.

In the meantime, we are going Pro-Se...for just a short time. However, before we knew it, out attorney had agreed to set a final hearing with the other attorney. We would like a short continuance, no more than 30 days.

Reasoning, one mom hasn't complied with all her financials...no follow up was done, mediation was not set and mediation is required per pre-trial catalogue, and two my husband is pro se for at least the next 20 days and he will have to get the new attorney up to speed...which only leaves 45 days and depositions haven't been done.

Our current attorney really dropped the ball on a few very important things.

Are those good enough reasons to ask for a continuance?
Yes, those are good reasons, especially the mediation not being done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">