• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Clarify vs. Motion to Modify a parenting plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Farfalla

You obviously didn't read their current schedule...they each get part of each and every Sunday, and have no problem with it. It's only the occasional fifth Sunday that they can't agree on who gets the extra hours. And it has nothing to do with being a mom or a dad...they can't agree because they want as much time as possible with their kids.
Nope I read it… it’s about the late part of Sunday in months with a 5th week. And yes that in only a few times a year.

I realize that it’s the same for both parents.,,, both mom and dad want as much time as possible with their children.

However, from my experience there is a difference in what happens on late Sunday during the school year and what happens on late Sunday during the summer. Late Sunday during the school year is more about homework and getting ready for school on Monday. Late Sunday during the summer is about doing more relaxed things. I went through this with the custody arrangement with my son. I wish I had realized the difference before I agreed to the schedule we had. But I did not want to disturbed things with more court dates and lawyers so I never pushed the issue.

doc2b

Nope I read it… it’s about the late part of Sunday in months with a 5th week. And yes that in only a few times a year.

I realize that it’s the same for both parents.,,, both mom and dad want as much time as possible with their children.

However, from my experience there is a difference in what happens on late Sunday during the school year and what happens on late Sunday during the summer. Late Sunday during the school year is more about homework and getting ready for school on Monday. Late Sunday during the summer is about doing more relaxed things. I went through this with the custody arrangement with my son. I wish I had realized the difference before I agreed to the schedule we had. But I did not want to disturbed things with more court dates and lawyers so I never pushed the issue.
I see what you're saying. Homework gets done at this house on Friday nights so the whole weekend is free, for us and for mom when they go back to her house. So, the only real difference is getting up and going to school Monday morning (but these kiddos get up early whether they're in session or on break...they won't sleep in if you pay them-I've tried ;))

Really, this whole thing is ridiculous. I try to reason with him, so he can reason with her-they aren't able to just get along yet...still too much emotion over the conditions of the divorce. Maybe one day.

LdiJ

Do you think it would be a fair compromise if dad takes late fifth Sundays in the summer and mom has late fifth Sundays in the school year then? That would probably split them about half and half...since she sees them more during the summer and less during the school year.

Anything to avoid them going off to court...they've not had one visit yet since the divorce, and it would stink to break that track record :)
I think that would be a fair compromise in this particular scenario. However, you do realize that there are only four 5th Sunday's a year?, and only one of them falls during the summer?

No matter how you define the 5th weekend, it only happens once a quarter.

doc2b

I think that would be a fair compromise in this particular scenario. However, you do realize that there are only four 5th Sunday's a year?, and only one of them falls during the summer?

No matter how you define the 5th weekend, it only happens once a quarter.
Good thinking...I didn't look ahead at next year until now. This year, there were two in the school season and two in summer (Kids start in Sept, and there's five weekends in August.) Scratch that idea...:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">