• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to combine hearings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RCiancia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I filed a motion for a family matter, which has a hearing date of Nov 16th. I have since filed another motion to change the venue of the case.

I was instructed by the General Magistrates office to file a motion to combine the two issues ( I am pro se), so I just need to know if there is an offical format to do this in, or do I simply say" Motion to combine (motion1) and (motion2) and put in my pleadings?

Appreciate your help.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I filed a motion for a family matter, which has a hearing date of Nov 16th. I have since filed another motion to change the venue of the case.

I was instructed by the General Magistrates office to file a motion to combine the two issues ( I am pro se), so I just need to know if there is an offical format to do this in, or do I simply say" Motion to combine (motion1) and (motion2) and put in my pleadings?

Appreciate your help.
I would say to write motion to combine and name the two motions that you want combined. Be sure to state the filing dates of the motions and attach copies of both motions to your new motion.
If it is wrong, the GM's office will let you know, but as long as you have the 2 motions attached, there shouldn't be a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">